Talk:Elves, Fey (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Charm Person and Charm Monster, do they save as the spell, or is the DC(1/2 HD + stat mod) like most spell like abilities? --Ganre 15:28, 27 May 2008 (MDT)
- Sometime there is exception to rules, in fact this on is not a rule but a commonity, it not that bad is't it?--Lord Dhazriel 21:59, 27 May 2008 (MDT)
This is, unequivocally, the single worst thing I have read in the past year. I felt my I.Q. go down. You are a bad person and you should feel bad. I'm going to go cry now. 188.8.131.52 12:14, 3 November 2011 (MDT)
- Same here. This is not the kind of thing that I want to see on this wiki. Propose deletion? Marasmusine 04:11, 25 March 2012 (MDT)
This is an alternate version of elves, much closer to the traditional fey creatures of modern fantasy. It could also be used to represent a pixie or fairy race with a little modification.
+2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Elves are nimble, but their form is frail.
Small Fey: Elves are Small-sized creatures. Elves do not have any of the fey weapon proficiencies.
Fey elves have a base speed of 30 feet.
Low-Light Vision: Elves can see twice as far as humans in conditions of dim light (see low-light vision).
Damage Reduction: Elves have damage reduction 1/cold iron. An elf who holds or maintains contact with a cold iron object suffers a -4 penalty to attack rolls, skill checks, and saving throws, and must make a DC 20 + spell level concentration check when casting any spells or spell-like abilities. Damage from a cold iron weapon is doubled when determining any concentration check.
Elves are immune to magic sleep effects and gain a +2 racial bonus on saving throws made against enchantment spells and effects.
Elf Magic: An elf with a Charisma score of 11 or higher chooses any three 1st-level spells. These spells must come from the cleric, druid, or wizard spell lists and they must be enchantment, illusion, or transmutation spells. He may cast each of these spells once per day as a spell-like ability (the save DC is Charisma-based and the caster level is equal to the elf's Hit Dice).
Seelie Law: An elf must maintain the rules of the Seelie courts or be outcast. Elves who lie, fail to uphold an agreement, or set foot a household without invitation permanently lose the use of their Elf Magic abilities. Outcast elves also suffer a -4 penalty to social checks with fey creatures and members of the Seelie courts. An elf who breaks these rules unknowingly or under compulsion still suffers the consequences. An atonement spell cast by a ruler of the Seelie court can restore an outcast elf.
Keen Senses: Elves receive a +2 racial bonus on Perception skill checks.
Languages: Elves speak Common and Elven. Elves with high Intelligence scores can choose any of the following bonus languages: Celestial, Draconic, Gnoll, Gnome, Goblin, Orc, and Sylvan.
Fey elves may take feats to gain the following:
- An additional Elf Magic spell for every 3 ranks in Knowledge (arcana). Prerequisite: 3 ranks in Knowledge (arcana)
- DR /cold iron and magic equal to 1/5th the elf's level. Prerequisite: 5th level.
- Wings, granting the ability to glide (self with light load only) as an extraordinary ability. Can glide 5' for every 1' fallen for a fly speed of 20' (clumsy), but only downwards. Additionally, the elf gains a flight speed of 20' (perfect) when he has 5 ranks in Fly, plus an additional 5' per two ranks beyond that.