Talk:Draemiko (4e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 A Few Things
- Ability Scores: Standard 4e conventions only allow for 2 stats each gaining a +2 bonus. I know your total is still 4 but giving two stats a +1 has little effect for the Character. You should pick 2 and give them a +2 bonus.
- Speed: Ouch...this is broken badly. First never ever give Heroic level PCs unlimited flight. That is a definite rule you never want to break. If you wish to give them wings, go ahead and give them a Jump or Falling damage bonus. Then create a 16th level (or higher) Paragon Feat that will allow them true flying movement. That keeps it balanced properly, and even allows for a few other "flying feats", if you think of any. Teleport 3 squares??? That is also severely broken. No character should just get unlimited teleportation as a form of movement. This should be worked into a Racial Power like Fey Step or Shadow Jaunt. That would balance it better.
- Languages: I hate the idea of any race getting 3 starting languages, but Half-Elves can so there is a precedent. So if you think it works then go for it.
- Blood Fury: This sounds confusing. You should maybe just make it a flat +2 bonus to attacks when bloodied.
Thank you for your time. -- Sepsis 06:51, 28 April 2009 (MDT)
I agree with Sepsis on most points, except the flight. Restricting flying to paragon heroes although it makes the GM's job easier is not a valid reason to do it. There are a handful of heroic level monsters with flight. -- Kildairem 18:51, 6 July 2009 (AKT) not sure if my time zone identifier is correct.
- I've fixed the ability scores, and moved the teleport and flight to a one-or-the-other encounter power. The conditions for receiving the Blood Fury bonus is too broad, and I have trouble thinking of a neat way of combining those two racial traits. Marasmusine 07:13, 6 January 2012 (MST)