Talk:Dracon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Things that need need Improving...
This is not done correctly. First off, what is the LA and ECL? Please change the categories to reflect this. Also, when the LA is determined please add this to the correct LA page (If LA 0 here, If LA 1 here, If LA 2 here, etc). Can you do this, or would you rather have me do it? --Green Dragon 17:02, 16 December 2006 (MST)
- Dracon... sorry but im still new to this but could you do it cause idk what to do. again sorry —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Evilholyguy (talk • contribs) 17:03, 18 December 2006 (MST). Please sign your posts!
- First off, what is the LA (level advancement) of this race? From that point I can do the rest. --Green Dragon 16:15, 18 December 2006 (MST)
- That would work if this were a monster. LA is how many levels are "taken" from the player for being a certain race. For example, a kobold has a LA of 0 (You waste nothing being a Kobold), whereas a centaur has a LA of 2. So, a centaur PC would start at level 2 (for simplicity sakes we will say this is true, however with the HD, etc they do not). Does this make more sense? If so, what would a balanced LA for your race be? --Green Dragon 15:54, 19 December 2006 (MST)
- That may be underpowered... However, it might work. So, two is what you want, right? When you say yes I will change this page and the pages that need to be changed accordingly. Just give me the signal. --Green Dragon 17:29, 19 December 2006 (MST)
- Done. --Green Dragon 19:36, 23 December 2006 (MST)
The LA actually should probably be much higher. Just refer to the rules about playing a dragon (which this seems quite similar to)... the LA depends upon the age category of the dragon, etc. This actually seems like a complicated issue. We can just say LA=2 if we want, but I think that is a gross oversimplification. With that said, I am being a hypocrite, since I am not going to fix it myself. I just thought I'd bring this up, in case anyone ever deigns to fix things up a bit. --EldritchNumen 01:27, 24 December 2006 (MST)