Talk:Daggerspell Master (3.5e Optimized Character Build)
From D&D Wiki
doesn't meet prereq...
The build doesn't qualify for weapon focus at level 2. you need a BAB of +1 or higher --Name Violation 05:55, 17 October 2009 (MDT)
- Daggerspell Mage needs Arcane caster level 5. --Lord Mattos 11:53, 29 November 2009 (MST)
- Its called practiced spellcaster, dumbass. and hes getting WF at level 5, not 2
- Normally, I'd tell you to sign your posts, but it really doesn't matter who you are with manners like that. --Ganre 00:58, 26 December 2009 (MST)
- It's obviously a broken rule and bad powerplaying, any good master will prohibit using this exploit.
- I don't understand how to get both weapon finesse AND practiced spellcaster as wizard level 1/character level 3
d&d 3.5 faq pg 30
- "Does a 1st-level wizard/4th-level rogue with Practiced
- Spellcaster qualify for a prestige class that requires
- “Spellcaster level 5th”?
- No. This prestige class requirement doesn’t refer to your
- caster level (a value which can be modified by many feats,
- class features, and even temporary effects) but to your actual
- level in a spellcasting class. (If it helps, you can think of this
- requirement as “Spellcaster, 5th level.”)
- The same applies for characters whose caster level is less
- than their class level. A 5th-level paladin meets the “Spellcaster
- level 5th) requirement" --Andy
- The faq isn't generally seen as official, and this issue has never been officially errata-ed, despite numerous opportunities in more recent published sources. as it stand practiced spell caster is a legitimate way of qualifying. However, this build gets 2 feats at level 3 somehow, and it is never explained, therefore, it does not meet the prereqs. --Ganre (talk) 15:43, 24 June 2014 (MDT)
- I could probably shed some light on this. Practiced Spellcaster feat increases caster level for a chosen spellcasting class increases by +4. It doesn't increase your caster level beyond your HD, however, even if you can't benefit from the full bonus immediately, if you later gain noncaster-level HD you are able to apply the rest of the bonus. 5th level wizards get a bonus feat. By level 5, you may then receive then weapon finesse. Practiced spellcasting allowing for this to even happen, weapon finesse is listed next to it. --Sanichi