|In a matter of hours D&D Wiki be down for an extended period of time to perform necessary hardware upgrades.|
These hardware upgrades should address user's concerns including Talk:Main Page#Web Page Not Found Error and the database access times when saving, moving, and deleting pages. Please stand by.
Talk:Culture Control (3.5e Epic Spell Seed)
From D&D Wiki
There's no such thing as a perfect society :P Also, question. Can the focus include something like a newspaper? It's a method for communicating to all members of society, in a sense. Maybe not simeotaneously, but it could. Am I misinterpreting your idea for the focus? --Othtim 12:14, 27 January 2008 (MST)
- Yes. If you printed the newspaper, or you have a magic mirror that communicates with the person you scry on, or you own a theatre, that works too. You must be able to reach the populace yourself, not merely own something someone has used to do so in the past. By the way, your perfect society stuff is correct. i mainly stuck it in there as a trump card for players who like political intrigue. Or a BBEG could use it to destroy a kingdom. --Sir Milo Teabag 19:21, 27 January 2008 (MST)
- So do you actually have to reach the populace, or can you just own something that can be used to reach the populace? --Othtim 11:44, 28 January 2008 (MST)
- you have to reach 'em. --Sir Milo Teabag 16:21, 29 January 2008 (MST)
- While this would be perfect for my current campaign (darn you Holy Nation, I will make you topple!), there's no seeds or DC associated with it. Is it work in progress or abandoned? (EDIT: Oops, my bad, it's Milo's so it must be work in progress, well then I eagerly await to see what you'll do). -- Eiji 16:42, 11 February 2008 (MST)
- Milo's so it must be work in progress. Is my reputation really that bad? I finished the Dashing Swordsman, didn't I? But, actually, you have a point. I have no DC or anything and even a foggy idea of how epic spells work. I'm going to see if I can get the whole epic spell thing and fix it. By the way, I object to you using my spell against a Holy Empire. Now I'm turning the paladins loose on you.
- If you get around to finding the DC before I do, I'll be very thankful. --Sir Milo Teabag 19:48, 23 March 2008 (MDT)
- As far as I can see, there will be compulsion to act differently for all members of the populace, but a weak compulsion. This would be reasonable course of action, so the subjects will not require a higher DC. Contact seed may be necessary, but I can't get any further without figuring out the range/area. Guess I'll do that one next.--Sir Milo Teabag 13:19, 24 March 2008 (MDT)