Talk:Clothen Master (4e Class)
From D&D Wiki
As per request from its owner Shadow Dragon. -- Eiji 13:12, 4 August 2008 (MDT)
 Remade Clothen Master
Hey I fixed the clothen master the format was messed up. Hes basically an untraditional martial artist who fights unarmed with one long cloth wrap draped around parts of his body while securly wrapping different parts such as his hands, limbs, feet, etc. I dont think Clothen Master is a perfect name because melee martial arts, not nessesarily the wrap (although it could be a major part), is the focus of this class. I am therefore open for suggestions. Shadow dragon —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 23:53, 4 August 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Firstly, I would make "Counter Attack" a class feature power; this would simplify the feature, like this:
- I'd give the impliment mastery only a +3 proficiency bonus; profiociency bonuses never get above +3. I'd also improve the 1d6 unarmed damage to 1d8. Remove the "dexterity for unarmed attacks" thing. This is covered in the powers!
- You also need to better define this class as a striker! all strikers in the PHB have some way of dealing more damage than other characters (and this is never covered by the powers). Add a class feature similar or identical to the ranger's quarry ability or the rogue's sneak attack ability. If the latter is used, keep unarmed damage at 1d6.
- Finally, the wording needs some polishing... Try the following;
- ==Class Features==
- All clothen masters share these class features.
- Martial Implement Mastery: Clothen masters aren't entirely unarmed. Their sect are trained to use lengths of cloth as weapons with greater skill than many warriors use their swords. While you are using a cloth wrap as an implement you gain a +3 proficiency bonus to attack rolls when attacking with unarmed strikes.
- Unarmed Combat Mastery: Clothen masters are skilled in the art of unarmed combat, having trained their whole lives for mastery. Your unarmed attacks deal 1d8 damage rather than the usual 1d4 damage.
- Master of the Martial Arts: Clothen masters have trained in the martial arts from an early age and are wise in the arts of martial combat. You gain a bonus to AC equal to your wisdom modifier. You loose this bonus if you wear any armor other than cloth armor.
- ???: Once per turn as a minor action, you can designate the enemy nearest to you as your ???. Once per round you deal extra damage to your ???. The extra damage is based on your level. If you can make multiple attacks in a round, you decide which attack to apply the extra damage to after all the attacks are rolled.
- The effect remains active until the end of the encounter, until the ??? is defeated, or until you designate a different target as your ???. You can designate one enemy as your ??? at a time.
Level ??? Extra Damage 1st-10th +1d6 11th-20th +2d6 21st-30th +3d6
- Counter Attack: Using the Counter Attack power, Clothen masters can strike back in retaliation to their foe's attacks.
- This is how I would do the clothen master's class features. --Sam Kay 11:16, 16 August 2008 (MDT)
- I, also, have a small list of ideas:
- there should be some strength and some dexterity powers;
- the 1d8 damage is a good idea;
- counter attack should only be usable when they miss (you deflect the attack and strike in the opening you create, or something like that);and it should stay an encounter power
- Powers should only require unarmed strike;
- make at least two different styles/paths
- —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 18.104.22.168 (talk • contribs) 01:59, 22 September 2008 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- I, also, have a small list of ideas:
 To delete, or not to delete, that is the question.
Why did Green Dragon remove the delete template from this? I wasn't aware anyone was working on it. but if someone is could they hurry it up? and the class features section needs fixing up too, it looks sloppy without the background shading. --Pyrofreek 18:10, 29 April 2009 (MDT)