Talk:Classic Hero (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
let them start with martial weapon prof and maybe even 2 or 3 exotic weapon profs, so they can do the castlevania whip and throwing axe, zelda boomerang and other weapons, Final fantasy "big ass sword", ond a few other Classic tropes. the "heroic weapon" thing is ok, but you should really let them use the same weapon their whole career. also use "standard" saves and BAB. good saves are 2-12, bad is 0-6. saves dont start at 1. Good bab starts at 1 ends at 20, medium starts at 0 and ends at 15. Making up your own saves and BAB is frowned upon. I'd suggest good fort and Ref, Full BAB--Name Violation 02:33, 17 July 2011 (MDT)
This is not pancakes
This isn't so much a rating... but... when I started this one, I had all the vigor and such needed to do it. Then I got disctracted and lost the focus. Hopefully I will finish it, but anyone else is welcome to work on it. I just need to dig my old notes out again. Right now I am focused on other things at the moment, like the Jachyrines (Which are finally done). So realize this is a work in progress at the moment until I get caught up, both online and off. Thanks for understanding.
Classic Hero Reboot
I'm working on improving this class; anyone who wants to collaberate with me should write so here. so far I think the following would be cool:
-Save Game - Revives CH in last visited town with no gold and one level lower. (I think heroic healing was going to become this)
-Jump Mastery - Great jumping skills
WAHA~ 23:01, 9 February 2012 (MST)
Back and ready to work!
Well, I am back from my hiatus and ready to start work on this class some more. Anyone who wants to collaborate or suggest ideas for this, feel free. I want this to be a fun class, that isn't too overpowered, so people can actually use it. I have some ideas of my own listed below since I have had time to work it out a little on paper while away dealing with life.
Special Class Powers... These work sort of like feats, and at the same time, can only be used a certain number times per day equal to
Minor Powers: Gained at levels 2, 4, and 6.
- Double Jump: Character can make a 2nd Jump check while in mid-jump.
- Auto-save: Allows character to be revived in the last town visited. This drops the character 1 level, and they lose 1/2 of their money.
- Speed Boost I: Increases base speed by 10 feet.
- Special Attacks:
- Ground Slam: Deals minor damage (1d4 for every 2 levels) to enemies within a 15 foot radius, they also must make a Fort save to remain standing (Only for large size or smaller).
- Flurry of Blows: (as Monk)
- Counterattack: May withhold an attack, and upon the enemy's next attack, can make an attack of opportunity.
- Elemental Arrow: Deals 1d4 elemental damage (Fire, Frost, Acid, Lightning, etc) for every 2 levels.
Improved Powers: Gained at level 10, 12, and 14.
- Triple Jump: Character can make a 3rd Jump check while in mid-jump. (Requires Double Jump).
- Save State: Allows character to specify a certain spot to be revived at should they die. Reviving at this spot, has the same costs as Auto-save.
- Speed Boost II: Increases base speed by 20 feet.
- Special Attacks:
- Crippling Strike: Critical hits deal 1d4 points of either STR, DEX, or CON damage with this hit.
- Line Slash: Attack strikes all enemies within a 30 foot line.
- Diving Strike: An attack from the air which deals extra physical damage.
- Impact Arrow: Arrow can knock-back and knock-down enemies.
Greater Powers: Gained at levels 18 and 20.
- Hyper Jump: Character can make up to 5 Jump Checks while in mid-jump. (Requires Triple Jump).
- Load State: Character can choose to go back to their specified Save State at will, at a cost of 10,000 XP or 20,000 Gold. (Requires Save State).
- Speed Boost III: Increases base speed by 40 feet.
- Special Attacks:
- Death Strike: Critical hit has chance of killing the target instantly.
- Wind of Blades: Attack strikes all enemies within a 60 foot cone.
- Comet Strike: An attack from the air that combines effects from Diving Strike and Ground Slam.
- Swarm of Arrows: Attack launches a large amount of arrows that covers a 30 foot radius area.
Any other ideas? Let me know, and let's all work together on this.