Talk:Chanter Powers (4e Power List)
From D&D Wiki
These powers should be on their own pages, but I'll leave some feedback here.
- Icy Banishment: at-will powers should not cause ongoing conditions. Knocking prone has no particular advantage over dazing.
- Caustic Strike: at-will powers should not cause ongoing damage.
- Strike of the Priest: at-will powers can grant temporary hit points, but should not directly heal hit points. This is abusable to the point that it bypasses the need for surges.
- Healing Gaze: Ditto - in addition since this is not an attack, it should be a level 2 utility power or a class feature.
- Freezefire: I don't know what's going on here mechanically, but encounter powers shouldn't be causing ongoing conditions or damage either.
Since a) the focus is on healing and b) there are no area or burst attacks, the class role should be Leader, not Controller.