Talk:Bob (3.5e Deity)
From D&D Wiki
This was not intended as an April fool's joke. I have long thought about playing non-thieving halflings, and a deity such as this works well for the general personality of halflings. My current DM has allowed my use of "Bob" as appropriate for the halfling cleric I am currently running. I would, however, welcome feedback (especially in the favored weapon category). —The preceding unsigned comment was added by Nytebreid (talk • contribs) 00:36, 17 October 2009 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- Bob as a deity sounds uber childish and unprofessional. No one will take this article seriously until they can take Bob seriously. It will most likely be deleted in its current state. As for favored weapon, that is just a lame way to get your saps to deal normal damage. Did you make this deity just for that static bonus? Shame. (Sign your posts please.) --126.96.36.199 12:13, 17 October 2009 (MDT)
- This is D&D we're talking about here, how mature and professional does it have to be? How seriously are people supposed to take this? This is a deity for HALFLINGS - how mature and professional are they?
- As for the weapon, the character I'm running doesn't even use the sap - that was just an after thought. Why would anyone even want to use a sap for regular damage when there are better weapons available?
- Sorry I forgot to sign last time, I'm pretty new at the whole wiki thing.
- Before deleting this, please consider one more time - Halflings. --Nytebreid 23:05, 17 October 2009 (MDT)
- Seriously, i don't see a problem with Bob. its light hearted, and fun. IT might be funny if his name was some long string of letters and his clerics call him Bob for short, but i like the concept.--Name Violation 23:24, 17 October 2009 (MDT)
- I guess this is an Aprils Fools then. Something created for kicks and giggles. If its saved by GD, then it will most likely be placed with the other comical articles. (I reformatted too.) --188.8.131.52 01:32, 18 October 2009 (MDT)
- Yes, it does make sense for a deity for halflings to be like this. 09:01, 18 October 2009 (MDT)
- I don't see a problem with it. --Sabre070 15:23, 18 October 2009 (MDT)
- I like Name Violations idea of making the deities followers (or Clerics) prayer name be an acronym "Bob" in the deities true name (it would at least make it a lot more serious). In any case something has to happen to this article so it does not get deleted (right now this is not good content as well really). --Green Dragon 01:13, 19 October 2009 (MDT)
- Hooper made the point exactly - this is exactly the type of deity a crazy little halfling would revere. I am absolutely fine with a more appropriate name that just gets shortened to "Bob," and I'm about to remove that silly sap bonus that wouldn't be all that helpful to anyone anyway.--Nytebreid 04:05, 19 October 2009 (MDT)
is this based on the church of bob?
http://www.subgenius.com/ the chruch of bob, also called the church of the subgenius. any relation?
- HA! No, but that is funny. --Nytebreid 01:23, 22 October 2009 (MDT)