Talk:Binder (3.5e Class)
From D&D Wiki
- There is no such thing as, 3+ Skills. It's only 2+ or 4+ or 6+ or 8+. Nothing in between. Lol.
- Your spells per day mimic a Wizard, but this guy gets more Features than just bonus feats. Hmm? And your Spell list ain't done either. But so far, I'd still take a Wizard over this guy any day. This just smells like a Campaign mimic to me. --Jay Freedman 03:00, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- Typo. Thanks for noticing.
- Yes that is the spells per day of the wizard. And the spell list isn't done (Soon to be). Also I've never heard the term Campaign Mimic before. --Milo High-Hill 03:16, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- It means you took a base class, jazzed it up in ten minutes, and copy/pasted it for flavor. Like adding salt to a recipe and calling it new. Either way, it's not done yet. I'll probably try and rate it when it's all done. Until then, I'm just observing and shrugging. Good luck. --Jay Freedman 03:36, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- I didn't copy any off the flavor, also the Binding features aren't just a feature to jazz it up. They allow the binder to turn outsiders into slaves, enchant items without any XP cost, they are the only way to animate golems in my setting, and you can use it to place a pratically permanent spell effect on an area. So yes it isn't done and I based it off the wizard. But it isn't just adding salt.--Milo High-Hill 04:39, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- And that earns you a point with me. Well done. --Jay Freedman 04:47, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- No offense but saddly I can't tell if that is sincere or not (Mainly because of your recent post on your talk page).--Milo High-Hill 05:04, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- My 'recent post' was in regard to 'articles that recently received a rating by me'. This, specific article of yours, is not in that category. Thus my comment has no bearing or influence upon my above comment. As such, you may assume that when I say 'Well done'. I mean 'Well done'. Sarcasm being absent. Remember, this is the internet. You can't please everybody. And your sure-as-heck shouldn't try too. Just focus on making the best possible article you can and give everyone else the finger. Your campaign. Your class. Do it your way. My opinion counts for very, very little. When I said that your class here looked like a 'Campaign Mimic'. I was raising a concern. One you now know of and can respond to. Which you did. Which was the essence of communication. Thus, and again... Well done. --Jay Freedman 05:15, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
- Thank you then. And its good to know you weren't refering to this article.--Milo High-Hill 05:32, 4 July 2011 (MDT)
This is a great start, I made a few changes, but your states, abilities, feats and well, pretty much everything is still off. I suggest you take a look at the Tome of Magic and base your character off the actual source of this class.--Cody Gore 05:50, 25 June 2012 (PDT)