Talk:Belt of Potion Holding (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Since this was made by an IP and not well made I have made a few changes.
- Made this part of 3.5e Adventuring Gear.
- Made this look like a simple leather belt ecept when more than 4 cure minor wounds potions are present
- Changed the minimum amount of potions allowed this the belt to 0, not 4.
- Made the ability for this belt to make the user drink potions faster more of a magical ability.
- Made this only work with Cure light wounds
However, I was not able to figure out a good price... Any ideas on a good price? --Green Dragon 22:38, 18 January 2007 (MST)
 Item Duplication
Check in the forgotten realms campaign book, I believe their is a mundane item that pretty much duplicates this without the need for prereq's. --Calidore Chase 02:29, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- If that is the case, what could be changed in this to make it unique? --Green Dragon 10:29, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- The mechanics of what it does are amusing and only needs to use the unseen servant spell to create the magic item making it a relatively cheap item (magic item speaking). To make this unique I would make it maximize the effects of healing potions stored in it. A little more expensive but quite useful. The Forgotten realms item in question can be found on page 96 of the Forgotten Realms Campaign book under masterwork potion belt. --Calidore Chase 15:19, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- Okay, lets say this belt maximizes all potions in this so the heal the full amount they can (8+CL). What would the cost be? --Green Dragon 17:15, 19 January 2007 (MST)
- Kinda of a hard one to price out. But I would peg it at around 30,000gp and it would maximize all cure light, moderate, and serious wounds potions held in it once a day, If the potions have been removed from the belt for more than 1 hour they go back to their regular old selves. --Calidore Chase 15:12, 20 January 2007 (MST)
- And get this away from the mundane side of equipment, right? --Green Dragon 21:45, 20 January 2007 (MST)
- Yep. Heck this may be seeing a place in one of my future games. --Calidore Chase 00:41, 21 January 2007 (MST)
- Sorry, the only reason I even said that is so you would respond and put this back up on Recent Changes so I could look over it again. The reason for this is because this weekend I have had very little time, I have been taking a Level 1 Avalanche Training Course that ate my time. On Friday from 6pm to 9pm, then Sat from 8-8, and Sun 8-6. Really time consuming, but now I should be able to go backcountry in the Wasatch, Utah's mountains. These mountains are really nice for backcounry because they are very accessible from Salt Lake City, where I live. Sorry for asking such a dumb quesiton, but now I can look this over again and make the necessary changes. So, how do the changes look? --Green Dragon 18:07, 21 January 2007 (MST)
- I'll try to get to this and put it into the full on magic item format. Can't get to the site from work anymore :( --Calidore Chase 12:01, 22 January 2007 (MST)
- Why can you not get the site from work anymore? If your work blocked it I am sure Blue Dragon would be more than willing to make a program to get around the block, one you can run through the internet (not from D&D Wiki, from another site) that will allow you to access this site once again. If you want him to do this just ask me, please, and he will get it done. Also, I look forward to your update of this item. --Green Dragon 22:56, 22 January 2007 (MST)
- I'm military.... --Calidore Chase 14:38, 23 January 2007 (MST)
- I know that, however their is always a way around... Should I ask Blue Dragon or not? --Green Dragon 17:04, 23 January 2007 (MST)
- I cannot answer that question in good faith... :) --Calidore Chase 22:06, 23 January 2007 (MST)
- Okay. --Green Dragon 22:08, 23 January 2007 (MST)
 Quick Additions
Just added a bit of info. --Calidore Chase 06:49, 25 January 2007 (MST)
- Thanks for doing that, and with that it can now be used. --Green Dragon 16:42, 25 January 2007 (MST)
 Oddities in the Membrane...
Hmm... the description seems very... dance-y around the subject. It just goes on and on about the topic, and has a bit of run on sentences. might wanna edit it. Otherwise, it on the surface looks like an idea that'd be useful. --Pz.Az.04Maus 22:28, 22 March 2007 (MDT)
- I alerted Calidore Chase as this is his item. He should respond soon however if he does not I say go ahead and to try make the wording on this more direct. --Green Dragon 23:29, 23 March 2007 (MDT)
- Sorry it's taken so long. I modified the description significantly and changed a couple of things I think you will like the end result. Let me know if it is still 'dance-y' :) --Calidore Chase 15:43, 21 July 2007 (MDT)
- It's been over two years, guessing the changes were fine... --Calidore Chase 09:55, 28 November 2009 (MST)