Talk:Alartares (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Alartares race has serious balance issues. Firstly, they have odd ability adjustments. You should never give a race odd ability adjustments: they are a Min-Maxer's dream. Always have +2s, +4s etc. Secondly, they know ALL non-secret languages. Why? There is no reason mentioned on the page why they would be able too, and the ability to speak a language is worth 2 skill points. So they have an infinate number of skill points for free. The LA is too low. Compare their stat line to a drow's: +2 Cha, +2 Int, +2 Dex, -2 Int. Finally, a run speed should not be limited by a racial trait to 10ft more than the races' speed. It should be unspecified (as the SRD rules govern run speeds), or possibly have a x3 or x5 if they are faster or slower.
If you need help getting the ballance right, I am willing to help. --Sam Kay 11:31, 14 December 2007 (MST)
- This author is not around, so feel free to help this creation along... --Green Dragon 21:06, 15 December 2007 (MST)
- green dragon I am going to be geting rid of their abilty to speak all languages, and the reson their stats are so odd is because that thay have quite a few sp abilities and natrul abailities wich i am still tweking.
- Sam Kay thank you for the offer of help i will probly need it but for now i'm still working alot of stuff out, i will more than likely be remaking their stats after i get their abailties fully finshed.
- i'm also new to dandwiki, so it you see anything that dosent make sens plese tell me and i will try to fix it.--Asrin 11:21, 17 December 2007 (MST)
- I dont want this edited without my consent,ask first please befor you change anything.--Asrin 11:25, 13 February 2008 (MST)
Aarnott, thank you that was alot of help--Asrin 11:12, 22 April 2008 (MDT)
 Fix this Page
The fluff is pretty complete but the page need wikifying and revamp for game statistic. --Lord Dhazriel 23:45, 28 December 2008 (MST)
 A Note to the Author, Asrin
Obviously, you know what you want the race to do (at least you have the ideas in your head), but getting those ideas into a completely functioning and playable race is the problem here. Well, that and your motivation to complete the project. So I ask, for the sake of making this page worthwhile, to either finish it or have other people finish it. Since this is a wiki, and other people DO like to work and help out, please consider the option. I'd really like to see this finished and playable, rather than simply wallowing in gaming unplayability limbo for eternity, as it has for a year now. If you do not respond to this within a reasonable time, I will take it upon myself to complete the mechanics of the race. --Ganteka 14:38, 2 January 2009 (MST)