Talk:Acrobatic Strike (3.5e Feat)
From D&D Wiki
This is a really cool feat, but I'm wondering if it's overpowered. It's comparable to Improved Feint in its effect, except:
- it's easier to acquire (no prerequisite feats);
- it's easier to succeed (assuming high Tumble skill);
- it's effectively a free action instead of a Move action.
I would propose the following modifications:
- make Mobility a prerequisite;
- add the target's Dex bonus to the DC;
- make it a Move action, with effects applying to the following standard action;
- allow up to a single move as part of the action.
--Cúthalion 09:21, 5 February 2007 (MST)
- Er... this feat cannot be changed via D&D Wiki; sorry. Since this feat is released under the OGL it cannot be changed unless you go to the NBoF homepage and contact them. I thank you for pointing out the balance problems with this, however their is nothing I can do... Sorry. --Green Dragon 20:05, 5 February 2007 (MST)
I havent seen a single rogue who didnt max his/her tumble rank in years. By providing this feat, you omit any use of improved feint (which is a bit lame) and the high presequite quicker than the eye. This feat must have at least some presequite equivalent to quicker than the eye. Even in this case, this would be a copy of that feat just changing bluff check to tumble check.
This feat is completely different from IF and QTTE. It does not deny your opponent their dexterity bonus. Just provides a to hit bonus.
- Wolf Of Cormyr
Admin Edit Request
Can an admin change the breadcrumb on this locked page to no longer link to Dungeons and Dragons and instead link to 3.5e Homebrew? Thanks.15:11, 25 January 2010 (UTC)