From D&D Wiki
I think that this makes it clear that spells will be organised in six disciplines (Iron Sigil, Serpent Eye, Hidden Flame, Golden Wyvern, Emerald Frost and Stormwalker), rather than by school, but I don't know how accurate this is. Any thoughts on how we should proceed? (I'd like to get all of the 4e homebrew section ready ASAP so that it is ready for people to create their homebrew stuff as soon as 4e is out). This and the Deities (which may or may not be needed) are the last things to be done. --Sam Kay 13:53, 22 January 2008 (MST)
- With phrases such as "Serpent Eye cabalists" and "mages of the Iron Sigil" it seems those are not categorizations of spells, but of mages. To be more specific, it seems like they're organizations of wizards (or arcane spellcasters in general) like the Red Wizards of Thay in Forgotten Realms and Wizards of High Sorcery in Dragonlance. —Sledged (talk) 14:16, 22 January 2008 (MST)
- Schools are out. However, the disciplines are not "in". We have yet to see how spells will be categorized. --Dmilewski 14:28, 22 January 2008 (MST)
- I think we will have to wait on this for more information to be released. --Green Dragon 00:27, 23 January 2008 (MST)
- Yeah. This is the last section that needs to be done in the 4e Homebrew. --Sam Kay 09:15, 23 January 2008 (MST)
- I read somewhere that spells are going to be associated with planes (e.g. spells that deal with negative energy will be powered by the negative energy plane, spells with the shadow descriptor will be powered by the plane of shadow, etc...), but I'm having trouble confirming this. —Sledged (talk) 16:26, 28 February 2008 (MST)
- Races and Classes says that every class gets powers (like meneuvers for martial characters, spells for arcane powers). So we need a section for each class. According to This Page, powers are organised by class (look at the powers). Races and Classes also says that wizard spells are organised by arcane foci (staff, wand and orb, with others coming in subsequent supplements).
- As all clases have powers, we'll have to add an option to add a new power list for homebrew classes, with a dlp on the page to show all of the power lists. --Sam Kay 07:36, 29 February 2008 (MST)
 Page Renaming
- I agree, please see how 3.5e Complex Special Ability Components was recently re-organized. --Green Dragon 20:44, 1 May 2008 (MDT)
- I was thinking along the same lines... How good do you think the organization of the page is? --Sam Kay 09:51, 2 May 2008 (MDT)
- Moved. --Sam Kay 10:02, 2 May 2008 (MDT)
- Now that I've taken a gander at the rule books, I think the only categorization initially we need is by power source and class. I don't think they need to be split up by accessory (implements and weapons).
- Also, we should limit the powers to class powers (not including class feature powers). I don't think we should include racial powers, monster powers, paragon path powers, epic destiny powers, class feature powers, feat powers, etc... —Sledged (talk) 15:29, 9 June 2008 (MDT)
 I'm going to be crying myself to sleep for a while...
Well, as I recently 'finished' the ritual form, I decided it's only best that I take on this. Yay. --Taritus 17:14, 28 July 2008 (MDT)
- Yay! Starting step one of the plan. Making a template for powers! Step two will be converting lots of powers to that template. Or bugging their creators to do it.--Taritus 13:12, 29 July 2008 (MDT)
- Oh, thanks. That'll probably help a lot. I went through the PHB and found all the different options for a power, listed them in my head. Got the same as what you've got. I'll need to learn how to work the #if statements though, because just about the entire page is going to be based on those. *sigh* I'm going to be pretty amazing with wiki formatting by the end of these endeavors.--Taritus 12:42, 30 July 2008 (MDT)
 Deleted Classes?
Is there a reason there are power lists for the barbarian and the dusk strider? Pyrofreek 15:05, 10 April 2009 (MDT)
- The respective power list pages were simply never marked for deletion, even though the classes were removed. I'll got through and add a delete template to them now. --Dracomortis 17:59, 16 April 2009 (MDT)
 Power Sources
Question: Why are there two Primal power source lists? Also, Elemental and Ki power sources may be in the official SRD, but that was last updated in 2009 (about 4 years ago). Not saying to remove them, just making an observation and would like to hear some thoughts on why that has changed; or if someone knows why, I'd like to know.--AlastorSheeld (talk) 22:46, 19 February 2013 (MST)
- I've removed the power source power lists, since 4e doesn't work that way. Elemental and Ki are both homebrew power sources: Ki is only used by a homebrew ninja class, and should be changed to Psionic (per Monk) or Martial. A couple of homebrew classes use the Elemental source. This has to be changed to the Arcane power source. In 4e, the source associated with the Elemental Chaos is Arcane - see the Sha'ir in Heroes of the Elemental Chaos. Marasmusine (talk) 00:18, 20 February 2013 (MST)
- This is basically what I thinking it would look like. However, elemental is still a keyword, so for any class that has elemental as a power source can still have it as a keyword. I noticed that your edit got rid of the homebrew power sources. Even though there was really only one homebrew power source, I think it should stay up there for people to add any ideas or campaign settings with unique power sources.--AlastorSheeld (talk) 12:57, 20 February 2013 (MST)