Tabit (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tabits seek risks, the more dangerous the better. Some believe them to have a death wish but truly, they are in love with the great gains that can be obtained when winning a gamble. While treasure is on the top of most tabits lists, fame and the warm feeling of achievement are always at least runner ups. They avoid hand-to-hand fighting, preferring to use sneaky tricks while bigger friends distract opponents. Tabits might place the welfare of animals above intelligent races, especially those of the feline variety.
Adult Tabits are 3 to 4 ft tall and normally weigh about the same as halflings. They appear like halflings with feline feartures. Appearing more halfling than feline, their bodies often have a few tufts of fur. Narrow cat-like pupils, a feline tail, claws and canine teeth are common features of a tabit.
Tabits get along with those who like merriment and adventure. Monks and Paladins often despise tabits because of their seemingly lack of discipline and honor.
Always Chaotic (any).
Tabits varely stay in one place. They prefer comfortable climates where people are abundant.
They often believe in halfing deities. They usually never take religion seriously.
- +2 Dexterity -2 Wisdom. Tabits are dexterous but their lack of wisdom gets them into trouble.
- Humanoid (Feline, Halfling)
- Small: As a Small creature, Tabits gains a +1 size bonus to Armour Class, a +1 size bonus on attack rolls, and a +4 bonus on Hide checks, but he uses smaller weapons than humans use, and his lifting and carrying limits are ¾ of those of a Medium character.
- Tabit base land speed 20 feet.
- Natural Weapons: Tabits have two claw attacks, each with a damage value of 1d4.
- +2 racial bonus on Balance, Climb, Jump and Move Silently checks.
- +1 racial bonus on all saving throws.
- +1 racial bonus on attack rolls with thrown weapons and slings.
- Cat Empathy (Ex): Catfolk have an inborn talent in dealing with domestic cats, and will automatically succeed on all Handle Animal checks involving them. For non-domestic felines, they make a roll like normal but gain a +4 racial bonus.
- Automatic Languages: Feline and Common.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Level Adjustment: +0