Suppress Lycanthropy (3.5e Spell)
From D&D Wiki
|Level:||Clr 5, Drd 5, Sor/Wiz 5|
|Components:||V, S, M/DF, XP|
|Casting time:||10 minutes|
|Target:||One afflicted lycanthrope touched (but not the caster)|
|Duration:||Instantaneous; 24 hours; see text|
|Saving Throw:||Will negates|
This spell affects a touched afflicted lycanthrope. Natural lycanthropes are not affected by this spell. This spell has many effects:
- The targeted creature becomes aware of his lycanthropic condition.
- The targeted creature reverts to natural (humanoid) form.
- Any permanent alignment change caused by lycanthropy in the past is negated. During the next 24 hours, such alignment change cannot happen.
- The counter of number of times he has been in animal form is reset to zero. This happens as soon as the spell takes effect, so even during the 24 hours of protection, the counter can still be incremented by changing into animal form.
- Any attempt to remove the curse using the Remove Curse or Break Enchantment spell within the next 24 hours automatically fails. This does not affect attempts to remove the curse using other spells.
- You get a +2 bonus on Control Shape checks made to resist involuntary transformations, but a -4 penalty on Control Shape checks made to make a voluntary transformation.
It is not allowed to target yourself using this spell unless it is a potion. If used as a potion, the save DC is fixed at 35, regardless of anything else.
Material Component: A piece of hair from any lycanthrope (afflicted or natural) when they were in hybrid or animal form. Druids use a divine focus instead, but clerics, sorcerers, and wizards, must use this material component.
XP Cost: 25 XP.
Notes: A potion can be created from this spell, regardless of other rules, such as this spell being a too high level, or it not being able to target yourself. When it is a potion, it takes effect in one minute and affects whoever uses the potion, if they are a valid target. Also, factotums are allowed to cast this spell even though it has a XP cost.
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Complex Special Ability Components → Spells → Druid
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Complex Special Ability Components → Spells → Cleric
Back to Main Page → 3.5e Homebrew → Complex Special Ability Components → Spells → Sorcerer/Wizard