Sulkai (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sulkai forage for food around their homes, and grow limited amounts in gardens. They hold the goddess Ehlonna in high esteem, as their creation story involves her and Obad-Hai extensively. Each family usually keeps several books and scrolls in their home. Clans can either live with every family having their own dwelling, or several families of the same clan can share a large house or estate. Most Sulkai clans keep isolated from other races, but some trade with and live along side Gnomes and Halflings.
Sulkai are about the same hight and weight as a gnome. They have the appearance of an otter and gnome hybrid, leaning more towards the otter in face, feet, and tail, and more towards the gnome in torso, arms, and hands. Their fur comes in all shades of brown, white, gray, and black. Their eyes range in all the colors typical for humans.
When dealing with other races the general Sulkai believes that halflings and gnomes are best, due to their fun-loving nature. Sulkai are neutral with elves and dwarves. Sulkai tend to dislike Humans, Orcs, and Goblinoids due to a long history of enslavement and warfare with these races.
Sulkai tend towards chaotic, and can range from good to evil, although Chaotic Neutral is the most common alignment.
Marshes, swamps, coastal cliffs, riversides, and anywhere else there is both land and water.
Most Sulkai worship Ehlonna or Obad-Hai, but some worship Garl Glittergold, Venca, or Pelor.
Sulkai speak common and Sylvan, but they can also learn Aquatic, Elven, Gnome, Halfling, Dwarven, and Draconic.
Sulkai names are usually Celtic or Norse.
- +2 Constitution, +4 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, -4 Charisma: Like the otter, Sulkai are flexible and hardy, but their endless curiosity and animalistic looks can be their undoing.
- Monstrous Humanoid: Sulkai are not fully humanoids, nor are they animals.
- Small Size: +1 to AC, +1 size bonus on attack rolls, +4 bonus on hide checks, smaller weapons then size Medium characters, carrying limits 3/4 that of medium characters.
- Sulkai base land speed is 30 feet. Swim speed is 30 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: Can see twice as far as a human under pour illumination.
- Natural Armor: +2
- skills: +2 spot, +2 swim.
- Bonus Feat: Scent.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sylvan. Bonus Languages: Elvin, Gnome, Halfling, Orc, Goblin, Draconic, Giant, Aquan.
- Favored Class: Any.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|60 years||85 years||110 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||3' 4"||+1d10||40 lb.||+5d6 lb.|
|Female||3' 7"||+1d4||50 lb.||+3d6 lb.|