Stranglethorn (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Straglethorns are pure primal instinct with very little sense of civility or logic, it wishes only to feed off of anything in it's path. A Stanglethorn is a purely carnivorous plant and has the instincts of the greatest predators.
 Physical Description
A Stanglethorn as a huge plant with vines and foilage forming a skin like layer and having a thick "Skeletal Structure" from a multitude of trunks and vines with a long extending Arms and Legs made from a mess of Vines and foliage, along with these features are patches of thorns that are folded back into the arms and legs, along with the back torso.
Stranglethorns even though purely predatorial beings tend to actually be "fond" of most fey races like Elves, Half-elves, Dryads and are always kind to Shamans and druids.
Stranglethorns due to their primal nature are chaotic.
The Stranglethorns grow in the darkest, deepest jungles of the world, but due to an incident with a band of merchants their seeds have been planted all over the known world, mainly in deep sewers underneath cities and in caves.
They have none.
They have very simple names that are references to plants like Thorn, Rose, Vine, Cypress, Oak, Blossom, Orchid, Etc.
 Racial Traits
- +10 Str, +8 Con, +4 Dex, −4 Cha, −4 Wis: Stranglethorns are powerfully strong and cunning creatures yet they are savage, untamed, and well... scary looking.
- Plant(Earth, Water): Even though they are plants they are aligned to the elements of Earth and Water
- Large: A Large creature gets a -1 size penalty to Armor Class and attack rolls, a +4 size bonus to grapple checks and a -4 size penalty on Hide checks. A Large creature’s carrying capacity is twice as good as that of a Medium character. A Large creature uses larger weapons than a Medium character.
- Stranglethorn base land speed is 60 feet: Burrow Speed: As Base Land Speed
- Racial Hit Dice: Stranglethorns start off with two levels of Plant granting them 10d8 HD, a Base Attack Bonus of +2, and saving throws of Fortitude +2, Reflex +1, and Will +2
- +8 Natural Armor
- Regeneration 15/ Fire
- Binding Growth: After Grappling an opponent you may attempt to grow a Binding Growth on them with another grapple check against a DC of 10 + their Grapple modifier. Once you do so, they are bound, losing their Dexterity bonus to AC and their ability to take physical actions other than try to escape, until they break the bonds. The bonds can be broken by others with a slashing melee weapon capable of doing 5+your hit dice points of damage against AC 5 + your Constitution modifier, but a miss hurts the bound creature; by a Strength check (DC 15 + your Constitution modifier); or by an Escape Artist check (DC 10 + your hit dice + your Constitution modifier). Even once broken, they remain on for 1d4 rounds, entangling the bound creature.
- Constricting Growth: While an enemy is Bonded, by the effect they will take 1 Constitution Damage at the start of every turn, if they are reduced to below 1/2 their Consitution they become Unconcious due to suffocation.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Elven, Fey, Druidic, Animal, Undercommon. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Brawler
- Level Adjustment: LA+6
 Vital Statistics
|1 years||+4 years||+4||+10|
|100 years||200 years||300 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||15'7"||+9 feet||500 lb.||×4 (100) lb.|
|Female||8'2"||+4 feet||250 lb.||×4 (50) lb.|