Sth'li (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Tall and slender, the sth'li stand nearly seven feet tall on average, with over half their height coming from their thin, digijointed knees making them walking on the balls of their feet. Sth'li closely resemble humans, with their deeply tanned, lightly haired bodies, although the Illus has produced a curious evolution, their faces are slender and end at a point giving them a streamlined look.
Thin, strongly muscled bodies provide the perfect frame for a long distance sprinter, while large, slanted eyes give them excellent vision to spot prey. A sth'li's pointed ears are slightly better than a humans, but they rely more on another sense.
Where a nose should sprout on their narrow faces, two rows of three thin gill-like slits provide them with a sense they call khefil. Rather than picking up ordinary scents, these slits (called jhelo'diis) absorb the psionic energy produced by living beings, allowing the sth'li to pinpoint or track any non-mindless creature much as a dog would follow a scent.
There is little evidence of sexual dimorphism among the sth'li: females and males are virtually identical in height and weight, although, as with some humanoids, the females have more pronounced breasts and slightly wider hips.
Both genders tend to cultivate long hair from their scalps, often braiding small trinkets and trophies in it, such as bones or precious stones. They also sport short tails averaging to 3 or 4 ft which serve no purpose besides balance and are usually decorated in trinkets.
Deeply passionate about their ancestrial hunting grounds, the sth'li refuse to desert them for other terrain, something that means they rarely interact with other races due to their remote locations. In the rare instances when humans or others trespass on their hunting grounds, such intruders are usually stalked and slain quickly.
When a sth'li must tolerate a member of another race, they treat them with a barely tolerable amount. Individuals may vary on circumstance and relation.
The display of power and strength will gain the respect of the Sth'li, weaknesses are used as taunts or even tools to manipulate one into a provoking action.
Unlike most races, sth'li care little for the concepts of good and evil, instead doing whatever is required to prolong the existence of their race, although they will perform good deeds if the desire strikes them. Sth'li are often chaotic neutral.
Arid Plains, sometimes can be found in in and around small settlements.
Thelandira God of the hunt
Tahmi,Bonus Languages: Common, Alis, Dreden, Tescaun.
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, −4 Charisma: While their bodies are strong and flexible, sth'li could care less about interacting with others, in a society that relies on the individual, rather than community, thought this is thought to be flexible.
- Medium Humanoid: As Medium creatures, sth'li have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
- Sth'li base land speed is 40 feet.
- Low-Light Vision: A sth'li can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight, and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- +4 racial bonus on Spot checks.
- Kefil (Ps): A sth'li can detect any living, non-mindless creature within 30 feet using their natural psionic abilities, although by taking a move action, they may pinpoint any creature within that range with a concentration check DC15 and be used 1/day at 5th lvl6 is changed to 3/day and lvl15 this skill then starts to use power points.
A sth'li with the Track feat may follow a trail using this ability, making a Wisdom (or Survival) check to find or follow a track. The typical DC for a fresh trail is 10. This DC increases or decreases depending on the number of creatures and the age of the trail. For each hour that the trail is cold, the DC increases by 2. The ability otherwise follows the rules for the Track feat. Sth'li using this ability to follow a trail ignore the effects of surface conditions and poor visibility. Unlike with scent, this ability is not effected by water. Wanting to pinpoint the location of a exact target needs to roll a concentration check DC10+INT mod Also factoring conditions and situation.
- Naturally Psionic: Sth'li gain 1 bonus power point at 1st level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class.
- Automatic Languages: Tahmi, Bonus Languages: Common, Alis, Dreden, Tescaun.
- Favored Class: Ranger
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||263 years||350 years||+4d% years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6’ 8”||+2d6||110 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||6’ 8”||+2d6||110 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|