Spellforged (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Spellforged are awakened, living constructs that were created ages ago by an ancient race of magi. They live off the arcane energies that permeate the lands, and they have found a natural way to reproduce, making them true living beings.
To a humanoid, Spellforged have alien minds that don't share many of the thoughts and beliefs of fleshbeings. They appear as distant and unemotional, even though this is mainly an impression created by different customs and ways to communicate.
The body of a Spellforged is constructed of separate blocks of matter, held together by a glowing magical force. They usually assemble themselves to appear humanoid, they can assume a wide variety of shapes.
Note that even though they can take different shapes, they lack the mental capacity to control more than two appendages that serve as arms and two for legs.
Spellforged gather at places where natural concentrations of powerful arcane energy are found, especially in secluded areas away from so-called civilized society, and form their own communities. In big cities, they shun away from contact to the common folk, and tend to associate with wizards, who understand their nature better.
With their different nature, Spellforged see humanoid religions with a kind of childish curiosity. While some spellforged worship their creator race as distand gods, others revere Acran, the first to awaken and break free of control.
Spellforged have their own language, which is transmitted by magical waves and thus not audible to the humanoid ear. They do have means of producing sound and thus audible voices, although they sound unnatural when they do what humanoids consider "speaking".
- no stat adjustments
- Construct (living construct subtype)
- Spellforged base land speed is 30 ft.
- Spell resistance 10 + character level
- Absorb spells: Every time a Spellforged negates a spell with his SR, he heals 1 hp per spell level
- Magic nature (I): As creatures infused with magic, spellforged have an innate talent for spellcasting. They gain a +1 bonus to their arcane spellcaster level with one school. For females, this school is Abjuration, for males it is Evocation.
- Magic nature (II): All spells that target the Spellforged directly (target personal or creature, melee touch attack, ray - not area spells) are cast at +1 spellcaster level
- Sustained by magic: If a Spellforged is caught in an Antimagic Field or in a dead magic zone, he loses 1d6 hp per minute (10 rounds)
- -2 penalty to Handle Animal, Diplomacy and Sense Motive (except against constructs): they do not understand living beings well and their alien minds make communication difficult
- Bonus feat: Attune Magic Weapon (ECS)
- Amorphous body: +2 to Escape Artist checks
- Automatic Languages: Spellforged, Common. Bonus Languages: Depends on region of origin.
- Favored Class: Spellforged count their arcane spellcaster class with the highest spellcaster level (if any) as their favored class.
- Level Adjustment: +0
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||190 years||250 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 0"||+1d20||100 lb.||× (1d20) lb.|
|Female||4' 1"||+<1d20||100 lb.||× (1d20) lb.|