Soulbound (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
You say they are alive; I say they are more, much more.
Soulbound were once Human soul, now sealed by blood to either metal or stone armor.
they look like a suit of armor with glowing yellow or red eyes, depending on the alignment of the sorcerer who made the blood-bond the armor varies, it can be anything, any armor, so long as it would fit any large sized creature (i.e. a giant's stone armor, a drakkoths metal body armor, so long as the base creature could wear it) or perhaps the sorcerer had custom made armor, in this case assume specially made to fit the base creature before its death.
Soulbound are realistic, open minded, and wise (depending on age of soul)
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Soulbound base land speed is 20 feet
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Armor Class: they cannot wear armor, they ARE armor
- Material: You choose a Material to be made from. This chosen material effects one of your skill bonuses. Stone: +2 Intimidate or Metal: +3 Endurance
- Born of Elements: you may absorb the material you are made of in order to heal hit points, 1 hitpoint per kilogram absorbed
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: .
- Favored Class: .
- Level Adjustment: +2
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|
|Female||' "||+||lb.||× () lb.|