Sorcerer/Wizard Spell List (LotR Supplement)
From D&D Wiki
- 1 0-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS (CANTRIPS)
- 2 1ST-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 3 2ND-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 4 3RD-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 5 4TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 6 5TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 7 6TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 8 7TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 9 8TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 10 9TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- 11 Notes
0-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS (CANTRIPS)
- SRD:Resistance: Subject gains +1 on saving throws.
- SRD:Acid Splash: Orb deals 1d3 acid damage.
- SRD:Detect Poison: Detects poison in one creature or small object.
- SRD:Detect Magic: Detects spells and magic items within 60 ft.
- SRD:Read Magic: Read scrolls and spellbooks.
- SRD:Daze: Humanoid creature of 4 HD or less loses next action.
- SRD:Dancing Lights: Creates torches or other lights.
- SRD:Flare: Dazzles one creature (–1 on attack rolls).
- SRD:Light: Object shines like a torch.
- SRD:Ray of Frost: Ray deals 1d3 cold damage.
- SRD:Ghost Sound: Figment sounds.
- SRD:Disrupt Undead: Deals 1d6 damage to one undead.
- SRD:Touch of Fatigue: Touch attack fatigues target.
- SRD:Mage Hand: 5-pound telekinesis.
- SRD:Mending: Makes minor repairs on an object.
- SRD:Message: Whispered conversation at distance.
- SRD:Open/Close: Opens or closes small or light things.
- SRD:Arcane Mark: Inscribes a personal rune (visible or invisible).
- SRD:Prestidigitation: Performs minor tricks.
1ST-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Alarm: Wards an area for 2 hours/level.
- SRD:Endure Elements: Exist comfortably in hot or cold environments.
- SRD:Hold Portal: Holds door shut.
- SRD:Protection from Chaos: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
- SRD:Protection from Evil: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
- SRD:Protection from Good: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
- SRD:Protection from Law: +2 to AC and saves, counter mind control, hedge out elementals and outsiders.
- SRD:Shield: Invisible disc gives +4 to AC, blocks magic missiles.
- SRD:Grease: Makes 10-ft. square or one object slippery.
- SRD:Mage Armor: Gives subject +4 armor bonus.
- SRD:Mount: Summons riding horse for 2 hours/level.
- SRD:Obscuring Mist: Fog surrounds you.
- SRD:Unseen Servant: Invisible force obeys your commands.
- SRD:Comprehend Languages: You understand all spoken and written languages.
- SRD:Detect Secret Doors: Reveals hidden doors within 60 ft.
- SRD:Detect Undead: Reveals undead within 60 ft.
- SRD:True Strike: +20 on your next attack roll.
- SRD:Charm Person: Makes one person your friend.
- SRD:Hypnotism: Fascinates 2d4 HD of creatures.
- SRD:Sleep: Puts 4 HD of creatures into magical slumber.
- SRD:Burning Hands: 1d4/level fire damage (max 5d4).
- SRD:Floating Disk: Creates 3-ft.-diameter horizontal disk that holds 100 lb./level.
- SRD:Magic Missile: 1d4+1 damage; +1 missile per two levels above 1st (max 5).
- SRD:Shocking Grasp: Touch delivers 1d6/level electricity damage (max 5d6).
- SRD:Color Spray: Knocks unconscious, blinds, and/or stuns weak creatures.
- SRD:Disguise Self: Changes your appearance.
- SRD:Magic Aura: Alters object’s magic aura.
- SRD:Silent Image: Creates minor illusion of your design.
- SRD:Ventriloquism: Throws voice for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Cause Fear: One creature of 5 HD or less flees for 1d4 rounds.
- SRD:Chill Touch: One touch/level deals 1d6 damage and possibly 1 Str damage.
- SRD:Ray of Enfeeblement: Ray deals 1d6 +1 per two levels Str damage.
- SRD:Animate Rope: Makes a rope move at your command.
- SRD:Enlarge Person: Humanoid creature doubles in size.
- SRD:Erase: Mundane or magical writing vanishes.
- SRD:Expeditious Retreat: Your speed increases by 30 ft.
- SRD:Feather Fall: Objects or creatures fall slowly.
- SRD:Jump: Subject gets bonus on Jump checks.
- SRD:Magic Weapon: Weapon gains +1 bonus.
- SRD:Reduce Person: Humanoid creature halves in size.
2ND-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Arcane LockM: Magically locks a portal or chest.
- SRD:Obscure Object: Masks object against scrying.
- SRD:Protection from Arrows: Subject immune to most ranged attacks.
- SRD:Resist Energy: Ignores first 10 (or more) points of damage/attack from specified energy type.
- SRD:Acid Arrow: Ranged touch attack; 2d4 damage for 1 round +1 round/three levels.
- SRD:Fog Cloud: Fog obscures vision.
- SRD:Glitterdust: Blinds creatures, outlines invisible creatures.
- SRD:Summon Monster II: Calls extraplanar creature to fight for you.
- SRD:Summon Swarm: Summons swarm of bats, rats, or spiders.
- SRD:Web: Fills 20-ft.-radius spread with sticky spiderwebs.
- SRD:Detect Thoughts: Allows “listening” to surface thoughts.
- SRD:Locate Object: Senses direction toward object (specific or type).
- SRD:See Invisibility: Reveals invisible creatures or objects.
- SRD:Daze Monster: Living creature of 6 HD or less loses next action.
- SRD:Hideous Laughter: Subject loses actions for 1 round/level.
- SRD:Touch of Idiocy: Subject takes 1d6 points of Int, Wis, and Cha damage.
- SRD:Darkness: 20-ft. radius of supernatural shadow.
- SRD:Flaming Sphere: Creates rolling ball of fire, 2d6 damage, lasts 1 round/level.
- SRD:Gust of Wind: Blows away or knocks down smaller creatures.
- SRD:Scorching Ray: Ranged touch attack deals 4d6 fire damage, +1 ray/four levels (max 3).
- SRD:Shatter: Sonic vibration damages objects or crystalline creatures.
- SRD:Blur: Attacks miss subject 20% of the time.
- SRD:Hypnotic Pattern: Fascinates (2d4 + level) HD of creatures.
- SRD:Invisibility: Subject is invisible for 1 min./level or until it attacks.
- SRD:Magic MouthM: Speaks once when triggered.
- SRD:Minor Image: As silent image, plus some sound.
- SRD:Mirror Image: Creates decoy duplicates of you (1d4 +1 per three levels, max 8).
- SRD:Misdirection: Misleads divinations for one creature or object.
- SRD:Blindness/Deafness: Makes subject blinded or deafened.
- SRD:Command Undead: Undead creature obeys your commands.
- SRD:False Life: Gain 1d10 temporary hp +1/level (max +10).
- SRD:Ghoul Touch: Paralyzes one subject, which exudes stench that makes those nearby sickened.
- SRD:Scare: Panics creatures of less than 6 HD.
- SRD:Spectral Hand: Creates disembodied glowing hand to deliver touch attacks.
- SRD:Bear's Endurance: Subject gains +4 to Con for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Bull's Strength: Subject gains +4 to Str for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Cat's Grace: Subject gains +4 to Dex for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Darkvision: See 60 ft. in total darkness.
- SRD:Eagle's Splendor: Subject gains +4 to Cha for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Fox's Cunning: Subject gains +4 Int for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Knock: Opens locked or magically sealed door.
- SRD:Levitate: Subject moves up and down at your direction.
- SRD:Owl's Wisdom: Subject gains +4 to Wis for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Pyrotechnics: Turns fire into blinding light or choking smoke.
- SRD:Rope Trick: As many as eight creatures hide in extradimensional space.
- SRD:Spider Climb: Grants ability to walk on walls and ceilings.
- SRD:Whispering Wind: Sends a short message 1 mile/level.
3RD-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Dispel Magic: Cancels magical spells and effects.
- SRD:Explosive Runes: Deals 6d6 damage when read.
- SRD:Magic Circle against Chaos: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
- SRD:Magic Circle against Evil: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
- SRD:Magic Circle against Good: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
- SRD:Magic Circle against Law: As protection spells, but 10-ft. radius and 10 min./level.
- SRD:NondetectionM: Hides subject from divination, scrying.
- SRD:Protection from Energy: Absorb 12 points/level of damage from one kind of energy.
- SRD:Phantom Steed: Magic horse appears for 1 hour/level..
- SRD:Sleet Storm: Hampers vision and movement.
- SRD:Stinking Cloud: Nauseating vapors, 1 round/level.
- SRD:Arcane Sight: Magical auras become visible to you.
- SRD:Clairaudience/Clairvoyance: Hear or see at a distance for 1 min./level.
- SRD:Lesser Telepathic Bond: As telepathic bond, but you and one other creature.
- SRD:Tongues: Speak any language.
- SRD:Deep Slumber: Puts 10 HD of creatures to sleep.
- SRD:Heroism: Gives +2 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks.
- SRD:Hold Person: Paralyzes one humanoid for 1 round/level.
- SRD:Rage: Subjects gains +2 to Str and Con, +1 on Will saves, –2 to AC.
- SRD:Suggestion: Compels subject to follow stated course of action.
- SRD:Blacklight: 20-ft. radius of darkness.
- SRD:Daylight: 60-ft. radius of bright light.
- SRD:Fireball: 1d6 damage per level, 20-ft. radius.
- SRD:Lightning Bolt: Electricity deals 1d6/level damage.
- SRD:Tiny Hut: Creates shelter for ten creatures.
- SRD:Wind Wall: Deflects arrows, smaller creatures, and gases.
- SRD:Displacement: Attacks miss subject 50%.
- SRD:Illusory ScriptM: Only intended reader can decipher.
- SRD:Invisibility Sphere: Makes everyone within 10 ft. invisible.
- SRD:Major Image: As silent image, plus sound, smell and thermal effects.
- SRD:Gentle Repose: Preserves one corpse.
- SRD:Halt Undead: Immobilizes undead for 1 round/level.
- SRD:Ray of Exhaustion: Ray makes subject exhausted.
- SRD:Blink: You randomly vanish and reappear for 1 round/level.
- SRD:Flame Arrow: Arrows deal +1d6 fire damage.
- SRD:Fly: Subject flies at speed of 60 ft.
- SRD:Gaseous Form: Subject becomes insubstantial and can fly slowly.
- SRD:Haste: One creature/level moves faster, +1 on attack rolls, AC, and Reflex saves.
- SRD:Keen Edge: Doubles normal weapon’s threat range.
- SRD:Greater Magic Weapon: +1/four levels (max +5).
- SRD:Secret Page: Changes one page to hide its real content.
- SRD:Shrink Item: Object shrinks to one-sixteenth size.
- SRD:Slow: One subject/level takes only one action/round, –1 to AC, reflex saves, and attack rolls.
- SRD:Water Breathing: Subjects can breathe underwater.
4TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Dimensional Anchor: Bars extradimensional movement.
- SRD:Lesser Globe of Invulnerability: Stops 1st- through 3rd-level spell effects.
- SRD:Remove Curse: Frees object or person from curse.
- SRD:Black Tentacles: Tentacles grapple all within 20 ft. spread.
- SRD:Dimension Door: Teleports you short distance.
- SRD:Minor Creation: Creates one cloth or wood object.
- SRD:Secure Shelter: Creates sturdy cottage.
- SRD:Solid Fog: Blocks vision and slows movement.
- SRD:Arcane Eye: Invisible floating eye moves 30 ft./round.
- SRD:Detect Scrying: Alerts you of magical eavesdropping.
- SRD:Locate Creature: Indicates direction to familiar creature.
- SRD:ScryingF: Spies on subject from a distance.
- SRD:Charm Monster:Makes monster believe it is your ally.
- SRD:Confusion: Subjects behave oddly for 1 round/level.
- SRD:Crushing Despair: Subjects take –2 on attack rolls, damage rolls, saves, and checks.
- SRD:Lesser Geas: Commands subject of 7 HD or less.
- SRD:Dweomer of Transference: Convert spellcasting into psionic power points.
- SRD:Fire Shield: Creatures attacking you take fire damage; you’re protected from heat or cold.
- SRD:Ice Storm: Hail deals 5d6 damage in cylinder 40 ft. across.
- SRD:Resilient Sphere: Force globe protects but traps one subject.
- SRD:Shout: Deafens all within cone and deals 5d6 sonic damage.
- SRD:Wall of Fire: Deals 2d4 fire damage out to 10 ft. and 1d4 out to 20 ft. Passing through wall deals 2d6 damage +1/level.
- SRD:Wall of Ice: Ice plane creates wall with 15 hp +1/level, or hemisphere can trap creatures inside.
- SRD:Hallucinatory Terrain: Makes one type of terrain appear like another (field into forest, or the like).
- SRD:Illusory Wall: Wall, floor, or ceiling looks real, but anything can pass through.
- SRD:Phantasmal Killer: Fearsome illusion kills subject or deals 3d6 damage.
- SRD:Rainbow Pattern: Lights fascinate 24 HD of creatures.
- SRD:Shadow Conjuration: Mimics Conjuration below 4th level, but only 20% real.
- SRD:Bestow Curse: –6 to an ability score; –4 on attack rolls, saves, and checks; or 50% chance of losing each action.
- SRD:Contagion: Infects subject with chosen disease.
- SRD:Enervation: Subject gains 1d4 negative levels.
- SRD:Fear: Subjects within cone flee for 1 round/level.
- SRD:Mass Enlarge Person: Enlarges several creatures.
- SRD:Mass Reduce Person: Reduces several creatures.
- SRD:Stone Shape: Sculpts stone into any shape.
5TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Break Enchantment: Frees subjects from enchantments, alterations, curses, and petrification.
- SRD:Cloudkill: Kills 3 HD or less; 4–6 HD save or die, 6+ HD take Con damage.
- SRD:Major Creation: As minor creation, plus stone and metal.
- SRD:Wall of Stone: Creates a stone wall that can be shaped.
- SRD:Prying Eyes: 1d4 +1/level floating eyes scout for you.
- SRD:Telepathic Bond: Link lets allies communicate.
- SRD:Dominate Person: Controls humanoid telepathically.
- SRD:Feeblemind: Subject’s Int and Cha drop to 1.
- SRD:Hold Monster: As hold person, but any creature.
- SRD:Mind Fog: Subjects in fog get –10 to Wis and Will checks.
- SRD:Cone of Cold: 1d6/level cold damage.
- SRD:Interposing Hand: Hand provides cover against one opponent.
- SRD:Sending: Delivers short message anywhere, instantly.
- SRD:Wall of Force:Wall is immune to damage.
- SRD:Dream: Sends message to anyone sleeping.
- SRD:Mirage Arcana: As hallucinatory terrain, plus structures.
- SRD:Nightmare: Sends vision dealing 1d10 damage, fatigue.
- SRD:Persistent Image: As major image, but no concentration required.
- SRD:Seeming: Changes appearance of one person per two levels.
- SRD:Shadow Evocation: Mimics evocation below 5th level, but only 20% real.
- SRD:Blight: Withers one plant or deals 1d6/level damage to plant creature.
- SRD:Waves of Fatigue: Several targets become fatigued.
- SRD:Animal Growth: One animal/two levels doubles in size.
- SRD:Baleful Polymorph: Transforms subject into harmless animal.
- SRD:Fabricate: Transforms raw materials into finished items.
- SRD:Telekinesis: Moves object, attacks creature, or hurls object or creature.
- SRD:Transmute Mud to Rock: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level.
- SRD:Transmute Rock to Mud: Transforms two 10-ft. cubes per level.
- SRD:PermanencyX:Makes certain spells permanent.
6TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Antimagic Field: Negates magic within 10 ft.
- SRD:Greater Dispel Magic: As dispel magic, but +20 on check.
- SRD:Globe of Invulnerability: As lesser globe of invulnerability, plus 4th-level spell effects.
- SRD:Guards and Wards: Array of magic effects protect area.
- SRD:Repulsion: Creatures can’t approach you.
- SRD:Acid Fog: Fog deals acid damage.
- SRD:Probe Thoughts: Read subject’s memories, one question/ round.
- SRD:True SeeingM: Lets you see all things as they really are.
- SRD:Geas/Quest: As lesser geas, plus it affects any creature.
- SRD:Greater Heroism: Gives +4 bonus on attack rolls, saves, skill checks; immunity to fear; temporary hp.
- SRD:Mass Suggestion: As suggestion, plus one subject/level.
- SRD:Chain Lightning: 1d6/level damage; 1 secondary bolt/level each deals half damage.
- SRD:Forceful Hand: Hand pushes creatures away.
- SRD:Freezing Sphere: Freezes water or deals cold damage.
- SRD:Mislead: Turns you invisible and creates illusory double.
- SRD:Permanent Image: Includes sight, sound, and smell.
- SRD:Veil: Changes appearance of group of creatures.
- SRD:Mass Bear's Endurance: As bear’s endurance, affects one subject/level.
- SRD:Mass Bull's Strength: As bull’s strength, affects one subject/ level.
- SRD:Mass Cat's Grace: As cat’s grace, affects one subject/level.
- SRD:Control Water: Raises or lowers bodies of water.
- SRD:Disintegrate:Makes one creature or object vanish.
- SRD:Mass Eagle's Splendor: As eagle’s splendor, affects one subject/level.
- SRD:Flesh to Stone: Turns subject creature into statue.
- SRD:Mass Fox's Cunning: As fox’s cunning, affects one subject/level.
- SRD:Hardening: Increases hardness by one/two levels.
- SRD:Mage's Lucubration: Wizard only. Recalls spell of 5th level or lower.
- SRD:Mental Pinnacle:M You gain the mental powers of a psion.
- SRD:Move Earth: Digs trenches and build hills.
- SRD:Mass Owl's Wisdom: As owl’s wisdom, affects one subject/ level.
- SRD:Stone to Flesh: Restores petrified creature.
7TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Sequester: Subject is invisible to sight and scrying; renders creature comatose.
- SRD:Spell Turning: Reflect 1d4+6 spell levels back at caster.
- SRD:Greater Arcane Sight: As arcane sight, but also reveals magic effects on creatures and objects.
- SRD:Greater Scrying: As scrying, but faster and longer.
- SRD:Mass Hold Person: As hold person, but all within 30 ft.
- SRD:Insanity: Subject suffers continuous confusion.
- SRD:Power Word Blind: Blinds creature with 200 hp or less.
- SRD:Delayed Blast Fireball: 1d6/level fire damage; you can postpone blast for 5 rounds.
- SRD:Grasping Hand: Hand provides cover, pushes, or grapples.
- SRD:Prismatic Spray: Rays hit subjects with variety of effects.
- SRD:Mass Invisibility: As invisibility, but affects all in range.
- SRD:Project Image: Illusory double can talk and cast spells.
- SRD:Greater Shadow Conjuration: As shadow conjuration, but up to 6th level and 60% real.
8TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Mind Blank: Subject is immune to mental/emotional magic and scrying.
- SRD:Prismatic Wall: Wall’s colors have array of effects.
- SRD:Incendiary Cloud: Cloud deals 4d6 fire damage/round.
- SRD:Discern Location: Reveals exact location of creature or object.
- SRD:Moment of Prescience: You gain insight bonus on single attack roll, check, or save.
- SRD:Greater Prying Eyes: As prying eyes, but eyes have true seeing.
- SRD:Antipathy: Object or location affected by spell repels certain creatures.
- SRD:BindingM: Utilizes an array of techniques to imprison a creature.
- Mass Charm Monster: As charm monster, but all within 30 ft.
- SRD:Demand: As sending, plus you can send suggestion.
- SRD:Irresistible Dance: Forces subject to dance.
- SRD:Maddening Scream: Forces subject to scream and drop defenses.
- SRD:Power Word Stun: Stuns creature with 150 hp or less.
- SRD:SympathyF: Object or location attracts certain creatures.
- SRD:Clenched Fist: Large hand provides cover, pushes, or attacks your foes.
- SRD:Polar Ray: Ranged touch attack deals 1d6/level cold damage.
- SRD:Greater Shout: Devastating yell deals 10d6 sonic damage; stuns creatures, damages objects.
- SRD:Sunburst: Blinds all within 10 ft., deals 6d6 damage.
- SRD:Scintillating Pattern: Twisting colors confuse, stun, or render unconscious.
- SRD:Screen: Illusion hides area from vision, scrying.
- SRD:Greater Shadow Evocation: As shadow evocation, but up to 7th level and 60% real.
- SRD:Telekinetic Sphere: As resilient sphere, but you move sphere telekinetically.
- SRD:Horrid Wilting: Deals 1d6/level damage within 30 ft.
- SRD:Symbol of DeathM: Triggered rune slays nearby creatures.
9TH-LEVEL SORCERER/WIZARD SPELLS
- SRD:Freedom: Releases creature from imprisonment.
- SRD:Imprisonment: Entombs subject beneath the earth.
- SRD:Mage's Disjunction: Dispels magic, disenchants magic items.
- SRD:Prismatic Sphere: As prismatic wall, but surrounds on all sides.
- SRD:Foresight: “Sixth sense” warns of impending danger.
- Summon Sigilarity: Summon a black hole
- SRD:Dominate Monster: As dominate person, but any creature.
- SRD:Mass Hold Monster: As hold monster, but all within 30 ft.
- SRD:Power Word Kill: Kills one creature with 100 hp or less.
- SRD:Crushing Hand: Large hand provides cover, pushes, or crushes your foes.
- SRD:Meteor Swarm: Four exploding spheres each deal 6d6 fire damage.
- SRD:Shades: As shadow conjuration, but up to 8th level and 80% real.
- SRD:Energy Drain: Subject gains 2d4 negative levels.
- SRD:Time Stop: You act freely for 1d4+1 rounds.
An F appearing at the end of a spell’s name in the spell lists denotes a spell with a material or focus component, respectively, that is not needed for a spell.
Order of Presentation: In the spell lists and the spell descriptions that follow them, the spells are presented in alphabetical order by name except for those belonging to certain spell chains.
When a spell’s name begins with “lesser,” “greater,” or “mass,” the spell description is alphabetized under the second word of the spell name instead.
Hit Dice: The term “Hit Dice” is used synonymously with “character levels” for effects that affect a number of Hit Dice of creatures. Creatures with Hit Dice only from their race, not from classes, have character levels equal to their Hit Dice.
Caster Level: A spell’s power often depends on caster level, which is defined as the caster’s class level for the purpose of casting a particular spell. A creature with no classes has a caster level equal to its Hit Dice unless otherwise specified. The word “level” in the spell lists that follow always refers to caster level.
Creatures and Characters: The words “creature” and “character” are used synonymously in the spell descriptions.
Spell Components: Only vocal components (and focal componets used in spells noted F) are used in spellcasting. Arcane failure still works as as normal, even though spells lack somatic components.