Son of a Potion! (3.5e Equipment)
From D&D Wiki
Son of a Potion!
This potion costs an amazing 12,500 gp, but some people consider the cost worth it.
This potion is a potent magical drink, but a dangerous drug as well. Ingesting this concoction gives amazing powers, but the danger is that it is highly addicting. Son of a Potion! is an archpotion that grants the benefits of the true strike spell on every attack he ingests, and the benefits of the stoneskin and transformation spells for ten rounds after drinking.
However, as soon as the effects of the potion end, the inbiber becomes exhausted and has a 50% chance of becoming addicted to the potion.
Archpotions have a limited shelf life. Archpotions that exceed their shelf life have a chance of going bad. There is a 10% chance per spell infused that after its shelf life date, the archpotion goes bad and instead has a different effect. Though it is the DMs decision, common expiration effects include:
- No Effect: The potion does nothing
- Nausea: The drinker becomes nauseous for the duration of the potion.
- Reverse Effects: The potion does the opposite for one or several of its component spells.
- Spell Resistance: The potion grants spell resistance at the brewer's caster level.
- baleful polymorph: The drinker is transformed into a toad or other diminutive creature.
- teleport: The drinker is transported, no save, to a location they had visited in the last 24 hours.
Cost to Create: 6050 gp, 484 XP, 6 days