Snow Rainid (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Pond Rainids
Snow rainids live in small tribes or bands, which typically share a mountain with 1-3 others. They are extremely isolated, and usually have very little interaction with outsiders, to whom they are suspicious and hostile. They are known for a tradition called The Frenzy, which occurs following an avalanche. They will burrow through the newly arranged snow and find all of the dead animals buried in it. This usually results in so much fresh meat that the rainids must salt and dry a great deal of it. They consider The Frenzy to be sacred, and regard it as their responsibility to eat all meat that has died in the avalanche; as a result, this is the only circumstance in which they will eat the bodies of other rainids or intelligent creatures.
 Physical Description
Rainids are about six feet tall, and are lean but with a very strong, ropy musculature. Their legs are noticeably long and thick. Their skin is light blue to sky blue.
Snow rainids are most typically outright hostile to outsiders. When hunting, they may have incidental contact with humans or others who live near their mountains, and they are not outright murderous in such situations, but they are likely to be violent if visited in their homes by strangers unanounced.
Any chaotic, but most typically neutral
Snow rainids live on the snowy peaks of tall mountains, where they build small villages. They venture below the tree line to hunt, and for members of the advanced ranger class the Snowbounder, adventure for glory.
Snow rainids have their own tongue.
The most common sounds in the pond rainid language are h, v, sh, ch, l, z, s.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Constitution, -2 Charisma: Known for their incredible physical prowess, as well as their rude and disruptive personality.
- Humanoid (Rainid): Snow rainids are common but reclusive.
- Medium: Snow rainids are about the same size as an average man.
- Rainid base land speed is 30 feet: They are excellent acrobatics and climbers. They can burrow through snow at their normal speed, or up to five times as fast if going downhill.
- Jump (Ex): Snow rainids have a natural +2 to Jump
- Climb (Ex): Snow rainids have a natural +2 to Climb
- Automatic Languages: Snow rainid. Bonus Languages: Common, Pond Rainid.
- Favored Class: Barbarian or Ranger, especially the Snowbounder.
- Level Adjustment: +0
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|35 years||53 years||70 years||+3d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||6' 0"||+1d12 inches||250 lb.||× 2d20 lbs.|
|Female||5' 9"||+1d12 inches||225 lb.||× 2d20 lbs.|