Sledged's Ogrillon (3.5e Creature)
From D&D Wiki
|CE Medium giant (orc)|
|Init/Senses||+0/darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision; Listen +1, Spot +1|
|AC|| 16, touch 10, flat-footed 16|
|hp||6 (1 HD)|
|Speed||30 ft. (6 squares)|
|Melee||2 slams +6 (1d4+5)|
|Abilities||Str 21, Dex 11, Con 14, Int 8, Wis 7, Cha 6|
|Skills||Climb +5, Listen +1, Spot +1|
|Advancement||by character class (barbarian)|
|Armor Discomfort||Ogrillons are covered with horn plates which makes wearing armor uncomfortable. Ogrillons (or any creatures assuming the ogrillon form) suffer an additional −2 to armor check penalties, attack rolls, and all skill checks that involve moving, including Ride when wearing armor. It also imposes an additional +10% to arcane spell failure chance.|
|Orc Subtype||For all effects related to race, a ogrillon is considered an orc in addition to being a giant. In instances where the effects based on the two would conflict, giant type supercedes orc subtype.|
|This page needs an image. If you are an artist, or know of any image that would fit this page, please upload a picture and add it.|
 Strategies and Tactics
Ogrillons love mayhem. In combat they disdain weapons and plunge in with both fists. An ogrillon out of combat is restless and troubled, but it will be seen chuckling merrily to itself during a good fight.
 Sample Encounters
Ogrillons are the product of a male ogre and female orc and are thankfully sterile.
Because of their single-mindedness, ogrillons are often approached by orcs when they need good fighters against some enemy. Ogrillons are happy to join and fight, sometimes for the love of combat and destruction, but often for gold pieces which they keep as luck charms.
Ogrillons have no land of their own, but they most often live among orcs. Those that do not, live among ogres.
 Typical Physical Characteristics
Ogrillons are the size of orcs, and closely resembles one. They typically have black hair, lupine ears, and reddish eyes. Engaged in combat alongside orcs, ogrillons of this type can only be distinguished from an orc by a Spot check (DC 20). An adult male ogrillon stands a little over 6 feet and weighs about 270 pounds. Females are about 5 inches shorter and 40 pounds lighter. One in every ten ogrillons is born with features and coloration very similar to those of ogres, such as dull yellow to dull brown warty skin, and they are typically about a foot taller and 40 lbs heavier than normal. These ogrillons speak Giant instead of Orc and have the feat Big Brute in place of the Alertness feat, which reduces their Spot and Listen check modifiers from +1 to −1, and increases their grapple modifiers from +6 to +10. The most distinguishing feature that identifies ogrillons of either type is the small horn plates that cover their bodies.
Ogres are usually chaotic and evil. Orcs are usually chaotic and evil. There's no guess work with what ogrillons' alignments tend to be.
Ogrillons have no society of their own.
 Typical Treasure
Ogrillons have standard treasure for NPCs of their Challenge Rating, about 600 gp. Their fighting style precludes the use of armor, shields, and manufactured weapons; reroll any such result.
 Ogrillons As Characters
Ogrillon characters possess the following racial traits. (Also see the ogrillon race.)
- +8 Strength, +2 Constitution, −2 Intelligence, −2 Wisdom, −2 Charisma.
- Giant (Orc): Ogrillons are creatures with the giant type and the orc subtype. For all effects related to race, a ogrillon is considered an orc in addition to being a giant. In instances where the effects based on the two would conflict, giant type supercedes orc subtype.
- Medium size.
- An ogrillon's base land speed is 30 feet.
- An ogrillon's giant type grants it low-light vision.
- An ogrillon's giant type grants it proficiency with all simple and martial weapons.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- +6 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 Slams (horn-reinforced fists; 1d4).
- Armor discomfort: Ogrillons are covered with horn plates which makes wearing armor uncomfortable. Ogrillons (or any creature assuming the ogrillon form) suffer an additional −2 to armor check penalties, attack rolls, and all skill checks that involve moving, including Ride when wearing armor. It also imposes an additional +10% to arcane spell failure chance.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Orc. Bonus Languages: Common, Dwarven, Giant, Gnoll, Goblin, Undercommon, Terran.
- Favored Class: Barbarian.
- Level Adjustment: +3.
 Ogrillon Feats