Sky Demon (D20 Modern Race)
From D&D Wiki
While described as a D20 Modern race the Sky Demon was designed with 3.5e in mind. If a Sky Demon has bonus languages due to its base INT score, it can potentially lose one or more of them if the Light region INT penalty of -4 is enough to bring its INT mod below that necessary to know each of the bonus languages it does in fact know (for each +1 in INT mod you may know a bonus language). A Sky Demon may also become temporarily illiterate if this penalty brings its INT mod into the negatives.
Sky Demons are stubborn, determined creatures that will throw themselves fully into any cause that they support. They are amiable among others of their own race; and with those of other races, but always maintain a constant air of superiority when in contact with other races.
 Physical Description
In comparison to humans, Sky Demons are a tall and broad humanoid race. They typically possess black, white, platinum, grey, or silver hair; although the rare few who are considered members of the reclusive Dusk Tribes--or those who live/lived in the Dusk Oases (see lands)--exclusively have deep crimson hair and off-white skin, whereas the skin tones of all others range from light grey to near black. They have 2 eyes which are completely black during the day and completely white (no pupils) during the night, a trait that has evolved over time due to the environment and conditions in which they live. In all other physical ways they are identical to humans...if enlarged.
Sky Demons are an aloof race that consider humans, dwarves, and--to a lesser extent--elves, to be beneath them. However, this does not mean that they dislike members of these races or are incapable of feeling compassion for their plights... only that they, as Sky Demons, are a superior breed. Sky Demons who travel in foreign lands are often subject to mistrust initially, due to their origin. However, they will often align themselves with members of other races who they consider worthy and quest with them in search of everlasting glory.
Any chaotic alignment
- Realm: The Dusk Plane
- Location: Unknown to dwellers of the lesser realms
- Description: A plane in which Sky Demons have long been dominant; although there are lesser, unnamed creatures. The Dusk Plane does not possess a normal day/night cycle but instead has a great number of Light and Dark regions in which Sky Demons can utilize different skill sets (see Racial Traits). These Light and Dark regions are separated by thinly populated Dusk Oases in which these skill sets are equalized.
Sky Demons do not possess any true religion. Instead they praise the Revered Ones; those Sky Demons--now deceased--who showcased their prowess, carried themselves honorably, and thus furthered the ambitions and goals of all Sky Demons collectively. Despite any differences or conflicts that individual Sky Demons may have between them, a great many Sky Demons gather once every 25 years in the Great Dusk Oasis (the largest of its kind) and add worthy members--if any, as it is rare two have more than one every 500 years--to the ranks of the Revered Ones thus immortalizing them, the single proudest achievement that any Sky Demon may ever hope to attain.
Celestial and Draconic
 Bonus Languages
Common, Abyssal, Auran, Sylvan
 Racial Traits
- While in a Light region of the Dusk Plane (or day in the normal world) +6 STR +2 DEX -4 INT -4 WIS
- While in a Dark region of the Dusk Plane (or night in the normal world) +6 INT +2 WIS -4 STR -4 DEX
- Regardless of which region a Sky Demon is in it has +0 CON, as well as -2 CHA when outside of its homeland
- All bonuses and negatives are removed in Dusk Oases (Dusk Oases are non-existent on the human plane and should not be mistaken for human dusk or twilight.
- Sky Demons have perfect Darkvision while in a Dark region (Ex)
- -4 to the Spot and Search skills if in the dark within a Light region
- As a racial trait, all Sky Demons have the ability to sense how close(in distance) they are to a Dark or Light region; or as is the case on the human plane, how long it has until sunset/sunrise. This ability may be used once per region. (Su)
Due to the conditions of the Dusk Plane--as previously explained--Sky Demons have evolved to best utilize the resources with which they are supplied in the various Light and Dark regions of the Dusk Plane, thus granting them with different strengths within the two most profound stages of light; Dark and Light.
- Since Sky Demons of old rarely chose to sleep, the bodies of their descendants now rest and rejuvenate based on the consumption of humanoids. As such, a Sky Demon must consume at least one humanoid creature every 4 weeks in order to avoid a forced hibernation that lasts 1 week of in game time. The consumption of one humanoid does not replace a normal eating and drinking schedule, the consumption of a humanoid just stores all of the humanoids potential energy...allowing for the Sky Demon to go without sleep. (Ex)
- Size Medium
- Base land speed is 30ft : Fly: Speed is 60ft (Su)(see description)
- Sky Demons have the supernatural(Su) ability to conjure bat-like wings once per day and therefore fly 10 min/class lvl. This ability can solely be used in Dark regions.
- Native Languages: Celestial and Draconic
- Level Adjustment: +0
- Favored Class: Seeker of New Skies
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|175 years||300 years||375 years||+5d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+2d8||160 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 4"||+2d8||120 lb.||× (2d6) lb.|