Sirilians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
A people of electricity and practicality, Sirilians originate from their home of scientific wonders, Siril, in the world of Eles-Perdna.
Sirilians are highly pragmatic. They value an object for its functionality and not for its beauty. They take pride in hard work and ingenuity. They highly value law and order and adhere to social contracts. Betrayal of trust is the worst sin that can be committed amongst Sirilians and most of them will fly into a rage when confronted with a traitor. A Sirilian is usually happiest when performing well at whatever he or she is best at. A favorite pasttime amongst them is playing mindgames or riddles to pitch their sharp wits against each other. When left alone, a Sirilian can often be seen sitting still as if frozen in place, while her mind is in deep contemplation over whatever is in her thoughts.
Sirilians stand about 5 to 6 foot tall, with males on average being only one or two inches taller than females. They weigh about 120 to 150 pounds. Their skin is generally light-coloured and their hair is always thin and snowy white. Outsiders who meet a Sirilian usually first notice their eyes, which are bright light blue and have a sharp piercing gaze to them. Sparks of electricity often crackle between their fingers and in their hair.
Mages and scientists are regarded highly amongst them and if a Sirilian is asked to tell about her country, she will usually start with the wonders of technology that Siril boasts. Sirilians have little patience with people who are not serious enough and will react either with disbelief or with anger towards jokes.
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 40ft
- Low-Light Vision: A Sirilian can see twice as far as a human in starlight, moonlight, torchlight and similar conditions of poor illumination. She retains the ability to distinguish color and detail under these conditions.
- Weapon familiarity: Sirilians are automatically proficient with rapiers, spears, javelins and light crossbows.
- Lightning assault (ex): As a move-equivalent action, Sirilians can move half of their land speed instanly. This movement must be in a straight unblocked line (although it can be over rough terrain), but does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
- Master of Conduction (ex): A Sirilian gains a +1 racial bonus to any touch or ranged touch attack to hit a target with an electricity-based attack. Also, the DC of any reflex save to avoid damage from a Sirilian electricity-based attack is increased by 1.
- Immunities: Sirilians are immume to electricity damage.
- They receive a bonus feat at 1st level.
- Natural armor: The smooth Sirilian skin is actually slightly metallic in texture, giving them a +1 Natural Armor bonus to AC.
- Spell-like abilities: A Sirilian with an Intelligence score of at least 10 gains spell-like abilities, depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative and usable once per day, unless otherwise noted. Caster level equals the Sirilian's HD and the save DC is Intelligence based.
|1-2||electric jolt 3/day, shocking grasp|
|3-4||thunderhead, cutting hand|
|5-6||shocking grasp 3/day (replaces previous), scorching ray (electricity damage)|
|7-8||electric jolt 3/day (replaces previous), lightning bolt, call lightning|
|9-10||haste, resist energy 3/day|
|11-12||arc of lightning, air walk|
|13-14||call lightning storm, lightning manifest (draconic might, but self only)|
|15-16||chain lightning, wall of lightning (wall of gears, but electricity damage)|
|17-18||summon monster VIII (Huge Storm Elemental or Greater Air Elemental)|
- Automatic Languages: Ancient Animean and Sirilian. Bonus Languages: Izayn, Irinsian and Salandrian.
- Favoured class: Wizard or Swashbuckler.
- Level Adjustment: +2
Some spells in the spell-like abilities are derived from the Spell Compendium.
All the races of Eles-Perdna are part of a homebrewed campaign. However, they can be easily adapted to any setting. All you need is one or more planes with strong elemental traits (such as elemental planes or the abyss) and have some adapted humanoids live there.