Sholon (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Sholons are gentle creatures fascinated by knowledge. Everything that anyone knows, they must know better, and that includes both magic and psionics. Sholons may seem coldheartedly logical at times, but they do care about other people. Their passion is developing strategies of all kinds. They are fair-skinned and brown-eyed. They have sandy hair, and are not short enough to be gnomes, but not tall enough to be humans. They range from 4 1/2 to 6 feet tall, and from 80 to 160 pounds. Females are noticeably slimmer than males, but not much shorter. Their eyes often glow slightly, for some strange reason. Once a day they can increase the glow of their eyes hundredfold; see psi-like abilities.
Sholons get along well with just about anyone, but they're especially friends with gnomes. They do have enmity against half-orcs, and they somewhat envy the magical knowledge of elves.
Sholons are usually lawful because of their pursuit of knowledge, but chaotic ones are not too rare. Sholons are almost never evil, because of their humane outlook.
 Sholon Lands
Sholons can live almost anywhere, but they prefer cold climates. They claim that it makes them think better.
Sholons usually are too focused on their studies to worship a deity. A few may look to Zuoken or Boccob, because of their psionic and magic knowledge, respectively.
Sholons speak a language of their own that involves some Gnome. A character who knows Gnome may attempt to decipher something written in Sholon with a DC 23 Decipher Script check. They also speak Common.
Sholons like sssibilant sssoundsss. A lot. Their names reflect that. Sholons have 3 names each: A clan name, a family name, and a personal name. Examples of male names:Shadess, Skeids, Santosh, Kashtis, Zess, Zaskesh. Examples of female names: Shina, Shoauls, Shes, Fassis, Khishesh. Examples of family and clan names: Chalsheth, Zargasheth, Zheth, Tsorech, Tsoresh.
The reason for a sholon to adventure is obvious--they want the information and experience that comes from it. They also feel the need to prove themselves if adventuring with elves.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, -2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: Sholons are clever and agile, but frail. Also, despite their intelligence, they are somewhat absentminded.
- Medium: As medium creatures, Sholons get no bonus related to their size.
- Sholon base land speed is 25 feet.
- Bonus Feat (Ex):A Sholon's quest for knowledge gives it a bonus feat at first level.
- A sholon has a +2 bonus on Gather Information checks.-->
- Spell-Like Ability: 1/day — magic missile. Caster level is 1st.
- Psi-Like Ability: 1/day — my light. Manifester level is 1st
- Automatic Languages: Common, Sholon. Bonus Languages: Abyssal, Celestial, Infernal, Draconic, Gnome, Undercommon, Gith. Sholons learn the languages of various magical and psionic races.
- Favored Class: Wizard or Psion. Sholons prefer classes that allow their superior intelligence to shine.
 Vital Statistics
|30 years||+ 2d6||+ 4d6||+ 6d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|75 years||125 years||175 years||+4d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4' 8"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||4' 6"||+2d8||80 lb.||× (1d4) lb.|