Shadows (Untethered) (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
 Shadows (Untethered)
Shadows tend to remain in the background, staying invisible and intangible until they are needed for something, at which point they emerge from whatever shadow they were concealed in.
 Physical Description
When alert, and projected off a surface, Shadows tend to have a roughly human build, though they have no weight, and can be knocked over by a soft breeze. They have between two and six glowing yellow eyes, and the middle fo their face is split in a toothy smile of jagged blackness. Most have claws that are fairly useful for combat, but are more often used to climb obstacles and grip things firmly.
Shadows are at best passively appreciated by those who can stand them, but are generally shunned for both their intimidating appearance, and their terrifying stare.
Shadows prefer smooth land, with few ground interruptions to poke holes in them, and will attempt to remain behind solid objects as much as possible to avoid the sun.
Shadows tend to follow both the Sun deities and Shadow deities, worshiping the darkness and raging against the light.
Shadows can understand Common and Abyssal, but are only able to speak a very stunted form of common, by forming the sounds with natural elements, and by writing the text with their own bodies or carving it into parchment.
Shadows usually take on the name of whomever or whatever they take as a primary host, as well as their general form, prefixed by Shad-de. (Example: Shad-de Duncan, a rogue following the fighter, Duncan, would take on his silhouette.)
 Racial Traits
- +2 Dexterity, −2 Constitution, −2 Charisma.: Being made of shadow, Shadows are far more flexible and quick than their shape would imply, but also less durable and shunned for their monstrous eyes and faces.
- "Shadow (Abyssal)": Shadows are of the Shadow type, hailing from the Abyssal realm originally.
- "Medium": No bonuses due to size
- Shadow base land speed is 35 feet: Shadow walk 50 feet
- Shadow Walk (Ex): As a move action, a Shadow may instead move from one shadow that they are standing in to another shadow within 50 feet, followed by whatever other actions they have remaining.
- Darkness' Gift (Sp): A Shadow may grant up to three adjacent allies Blind-sight 20 feet for one minute at a time, twice per day
- Darkness' Pain (Sp): A shadow may cause a touch attack dealing 1d4 charisma damage to an adjacent enemy that can be countered by a DC 10 will save and continues to cause charisma damage until the save is made. This can be performed twice per encounter.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal. Bonus Languages: Celestial, Orc, Elvish.
- Favored Class: | Rogue.
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|15 years||250 years||2000 years||+Unknown years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||4'10"||+2d10||0 lb.||× ( 0 ) lb.|
|Female||4'5"||+2d10||0 lb.||× ( 0 ) lb.|