Shadow Born (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Never has a race inspired such controversy. Originated from ancient Elven spells, Shadow Born are spirit like beings summoned to guard the night and preserve the peace in darkness.
Shadow Born at a glance look like evil creatures, but if given time they will explain that they are in truth creatures who hate evil with all their souls. Mostly laid back and slow to conflict, Shadow Born are good observers and can figure out when a situation has taken a turn for the worse quicker than most. Though not much of a leader, Shadow Born are very influential and smooth talkers. Very quiet and stealthy, Shadow Born can use these traits as terrific spies and thieves.
Shadow Born are figures that look like they are composed of shadows, and in truth they are full shadow able to stay together for means unknown by any mortal. They stand about 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 feet tall, pitch black and have Crimson slits for their eyes and they also have Long Red and Black Hair.
Shadow Born can get along with other good aligned races and will if given the chance to explain themselves, but they are usually rejected and attacked because others assume they are evil from their physical attributes. Elves and Shadow Born have a longstanding amicable history. Elves will often treat Shadow Born as one of their own.
Any Good: Shadow Born are always good and hate evil with every fiber of their being.
Shadow Born live in all lands, never really finding a home but are welcome in any Elven society. First being cast from Elven spells, Shadow Born have been known to wander and roam the earth, fulfilling its drive to purify evil with the aide of night/darkness.
Most Shadow Born worship Notte, God of the Night. However some will worship Corellon Larethian.
Shadow Born speak Dronalianuss, the language of shadows, as well as Elven (Perfect) & may have Draconic as a bonus language.
Shadow Born are given names in Common with good meanings such as Hope, Prosperity, and Joy while others follow a dark meaning referring
to night and darkness.
Shadow Born are tough to kill and very fast, but being composed of shadow makes them not too strong. +2 Attack/+2 AC while in shadow/darkness/night. -2 Attack/-2 AC outside of shadow/during day/light.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma:
- Medium: A Shadow Born does not gain any bonuses for being a medium creature.
- Infinite Darkvision, 120 feet Low-light vision
- Shadow Born base land speed is 40 feet.
- +2 bonus to armor class.
- Hide in Plain Sight: A Shadow Born can hide in plain sight when within 30 feet of shadows or darkness and are always hidden at night, they can also hide when being observed.
- Freedom of Movement: Shadow Born can move about freely as if under the affect of the Freedom of Movement spell. This functions as a continuous supernatural ability.
- Endure Elements: Shadow Born can exist comfortably in any environment as if under the affects of the Endure Elements spell and can survive survive on the Elemental Planes indefinitely. Like their Freedom of Movement special ability, this functions as a continuous supernatural ability.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal, Dronalianuss, Elven(perfect). Bonus Languages: Draconic, Sylvan, Halfling, Gnome, Celestial, Auran, Ignan, Terran, and Aquan.
- Favored Class: Rogue
- Fast Healing (Ex):A Shadow Born can heals 7 points of damage each round so long as it has at least 1 hit point
- Teleport: can use Greater Teleport at will, as the spell(Caster Level 14). The Shadar-Kai can only transport himself and his equipment, and is incorporeal for 1d4 rounds after the teleport. Recharges for 1d4 rounds.
- Invisibility: can use Greater Invisibility at will, as the spell(Caster Level 6). Spell can be applied to any party member. Recharges for 1d4 rounds.
- Immune to poison
- Immune to mind-affecting spells and fear
Shadow Born do not physically age and can only be killed by swords and the like during battle.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d12||0 lb.||× 0 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d10||0 lb.||× 0 lb.|