Shadow Born (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Never has a race inspired such controversy
Shadow Born at a glance look like evil creatures, but if given time they will explain that they are in truth creatures who hate evil with all their souls.
Shadow Born are figures that look like they are composed of shadows, and in truth they are full shadow able to stay together for means unknown by any mortal. They stand about 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 feet tall and have golden slits for their eyes.
Shadow Born can get along with other good aligned races and will if given the chance to explain themselves, but they are usually rejected and attacked because others assume they are evil. Elves and Shadow Born have a longstanding amicable history. Elves will often treat Shadow Born as one of their own.
Any Good: Shadow Born are always good and hate evil with every fiber of their being.
Shadow Born live in all lands, never really finding a home but are welcome in any Elven society.
Most Shadow Born worship Notte, God of the Night. However some will worship Corellon Larethian.
Shadow Born speak Dronalianuss, the language of shadows.
Shadow Born are given names in Common with good meanings such as Hope, Prosperity, and Joy.
- -2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, +2 Constitution: Shadow Born are tough to kill and very fast, but being composed of shadow makes them not too strong.
- Medium: A Shadow Born does not gain any bonuses for being a medium creature.
- Darkvision 120 feet, Low-light vision
- Shadow Born base land speed is 40 feet; fly, 40 feet (perfect).
- +2 bonus to armor class.
- Cannot wear armor.
- Hide in Plain Sight: A Shadow Born can hide in plain sight when within 30 feet of shadows or darkness and are always hidden at night, they can also hide when being observed.
- Gleam: A shadow born can alert nearby players of his whereabouts by gleaming its golden slit eyes. This is a free action and can be continuous or activated at will. Only players friendly toward the Shadow Born are able to see the gleam, unless otherwise stated by the character.
- Darkvision: Shadow Born can see in the dark without a light as if it the middle of day.
- Freedom of Movement: Shadow Born can move about freely as if under the affect of the Freedom of Movement spell. This functions as a continuous supernatural ability.
- Endure Elements: Shadow Born can exist comfortably in any environment as if under the affects of the Endure Elements spell and can survive survive on the Elemental Planes indefinitely. Like their Freedom of Movement special ability, this functions as a continuous supernatural ability.
- Immunity to Disease and poisons
- Spell-Like Ability: 3/day—Darkness, Protection from Chaos, Protection from Evil, and Displacement, and Detect Evil. Caster level is 4th. The save DC is Charisma-based.
- Automatic Languages: Common, Abyssal, Dronalianuss, Elven(perfect). Bonus Languages: Draconic, Sylvan, Halfling, Gnome, Celestial, Auran, Ignan, Terran, and Aquan.
- Favored Class: Rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +1
Shadow Born do not age and can only be killed by swords and the like.
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 6"||+1d12||0 lb.||× 0 lb.|
|Female||5' 6"||+1d10||0 lb.||× 0 lb.|