Shadow (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Free spirited but dark creatures. Not necessarily evil but generally not on good terms with other races. Often wearing thick cloaks not only to hide their identity but also to keep out of the light. Though they are not harmed by light they shy away from it whenever possible.
Though more solid then their kin they still have a wavy form of darkness. Shadows are 5-6 ft tall and weigh nothing.
Hated by many others they often hide their heritage behind heavy cloaks while around other races or simply stay with their wild kin.
The shadow planes or in the underdark.
Draconic being a common language in the shadow planes.
They choose their own name when one is needed and change them freely.
- -2 strength: these creatures are not fully solid but are similar to other races in nearly every other physical respect.
- Humanoid (shadow)
- Medium: no size related bonuses.
- Shadows base land speed is 30, fly speed of 15 feet (good).
- Strength Damage(Su): Shadows deal 1d4 strength damage (non-stackable between one shadow).
- Create spawn(Su): A Shadow can spawn a shadow under their control and with a matching alignment (1 for every 5 HD with a maximum of 3). It takes one hour to spawn a Shadow. The Spawn has 2 HD per 3 levels the Shadow has (the base attack and saves increase as well). These shadows cannot create other shadows.
- Hide in plain sight(Su): Shadow can use the Hide skill even while being observed. As long as he is within 10 feet of some sort of shadow, a Shadow can hide himself from view in the open without anything to actually hide behind. He cannot, however, hide in his own shadow. A Shadow cannot hide in plain sight while in a brightly lit area.
- See in the dark(Su): A Shadow can see in the dark even Magical Darkness.
- Racial skills: +2 racial bonus on listen and spot checks. +6 racial bonus to hide checks in dark areas or areas of shadowy illumination, but −6 to hide checks in brightly lit areas.
- Having a form that is not entirely solid, a shadow can part around non-magical bonds such as ropes or shackles as a standard action.( they can not part around attacks this way), and they may also fit into areas or through passageways that are half their size as if under the reduce spell.
- A shadow may attempt to control another shadow (will save 10+charisma modifier) so long as it is not under the control of an intelligent being (they are not required to take control of their own spawn).
- Automatic Languages: Draconic. Bonus Languages: any except secret.
- Favored Class: Rogue or Shadowdancer.
Shadows are not affected by age and their genders have no discernible difference to other races.