Scorpino (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Some tales say they were created; whether they by magic or science. Others say they evolved. However, the true way they came to be is unknown. The average day for a scorpino is constantly guarding their territory and getting food and water. The reason they adventure is also unknown.
 Physical Description
Scorpino have a tauric body structure with large pincer-like hands,as a domanant trait, and a scorpion-like tail. Their tail has adapted to swing around their sides, from between their legs, or behind them. Scorpino tend to stand around 6 to 7 feet tall and weigh about 400 lbs. due to their chitin armor, pincers, and stinger. Their skin color is usually reddish yellow like the desert sand. Eye color varies as much as it does with humans.
Scorpino seem to be aggressive to anybody; even their own friends. However, they act as they are treated. If feared they will be fearsome.
Scorpinos' alignments vary too much to know.
Scorpino prefer to live in the deserts were they have camouflage.
Scorpino will tend to pick up religions from wherever they spend most of their time.
Scorpino language, Scipish, is a combination of clicks and rattles.
Scorpinos are given names by their parents and that becomes their middle name. They gain their first name when they are old enough to leave their parents and do so. Their last name can be anything but is always the same as one or both of their parents.
 Racial Traits
- +2 Strength, +2 Dexterity, -2 Constitution, −2 Charisma: They may be strong but they are slow and aggressive.
- +3 Climb, +2 Grapple
- Monstrous Humanoid
- Scorpino base land speed is 40 feet. 30 Climb Speed
- Scorpino's have a 25% chance of not having Pincers. Roll 1d100, 75-100= no Pincers
- Their pincers make it hard to hold items. They suffer a -2 to attack with non-natural weapons. The chitin give them a +3 natural armor bonus. The tail also gives them a +2 to Balance.
- Natural Weapons: 2 pincers 2d3. Tail stinger 1d4+(1d2 con damage(DC 10 +1/2 HD)) Range 10ft
- Automatic Languages]]: Scipish and Common. Bonus Languages: any non-secret.
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +1
 Vital Statistics
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|100 years||200 years||250 years||+250+D100 years|
|Gender||Base Body Size||Body Size Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||2'||+2D4"||2 lb.||× (D8) lb.|
|Female||2' 6"||+3D4"||3 lb.||× (lb.|
Attacks: Pinch 1d8, Tail 1d6+ Fort Save DC18 1d4 Poison (Venom)