Salandrians (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
As beautiful as they are empathetic, Salandrians are a people touched by the element of water.
Salandrians are kindhearted, gentle and most people quickly feel at ease around them. They tend to form close-knit communities and enjoy a steady, undisturbed life. They appreciate art and luxury, but are not likely to fall into decadence. Neither will they pursue wealth for wealth's sake (that's not to say that money can't make your life a lot more comfortable, though).
 Physical Description
Salandrians stand about 5 to 5 1/2 feet tall. They are well-build with supple limbs and both males and females have curveous bodies (which at times gives outsiders trouble to tell the genders apart). Their skin can vary from pale to tanned and their hair is usually thick, wavy and light-coloured, with a hue of blue or green to it. By most standards, they are considered very beautiful.
They are wary of strangers, which is not unusual on Eles-Perdna (xenophobia is almost a necesity for survival there), but will generally treat them well, as long as they do not cause trouble. That being said, Salandrians can be fierce when defending the stable lives that they worked so hard to build.
 Racial Traits
- Size: Medium
- Base Land Speed: 30ft and Salandrians have a Swim speed of 30 feet. When submerged in water, they spontaniously develop webbed feet and hands, as well as minor fins. These disappear when they venture back to land. They can always choose to take 10 on Swim checks, even if threatened or rushed.
- Darkvision: Salandrians can see in the dark up to 60 feet. Darkvision is black and white only, but is otherwise like normal sight, and Salandrians can function just fine with no light at all.
- Weapon familiarity: Salandrians are automatically proficient with the longsword (which a lot of Salandrians use two-handed, see below)
- Fluid grace: A Salandrian gains a +2 racial bonus to attack rolls when wielding a one-handed weapon with two hands.
- Resistances: Salandrians have resistance to acid 10 and resistance to cold 10.
- Water Breathing: Salandrians can breathe water as easily as they can breathe air.
- Endure Elements: Salandrians are continiously under the effect of Endure Elements, as long as they are submerged in water.
- Spell-like abilities: A Salandrian with an Intelligence or Wisdom score of at least 10 gains spell-like abilities, depending on its Hit Dice, as indicated on the table below. The abilities are cumulative and usable once per day, unless otherwise noted. Caster level equals the Salandrian's HD and the save DC is Intelligence based.
|1-2||create water,obscuring mist|
|5-6||create water 3/day (replaces previous) , web (looks like seaweed), spider climb|
|7-8||obscuring mist 3/day (replaces previous), sleet storm, slow|
|9-10||Body of the Sea (spiderskin), resist energy 3/day|
|11-12||Evard's black tentacles, control water|
|13-14||transmute rock to mud, Panacea|
|15-16||Extract Water Elemental, Cloak of the Sea 3/day|
|17-18||summon monster VIII(Greater Water Elemental)|
- Automatic Languages: Ancient Animean, Salandrian. Bonus languages: Sirilian, Izayn, Mahrdian.
- Favoured class: Druid or Favoured Soul
- Level Adjustment: +3
Some spells in the spell-like abilities are derived from the Spell Compendium.
All the races of Eles-Perdna are part of a homebrewed campaign. However, they can be easily adapted to any setting. All you need is one or more planes with strong elemental traits (such as elemental planes or the abyss) and have some adapted humanoids live there.