Saiyans (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The proud warriors of planet Vegeta that barely escaped annihilation as children sent around the universe in pods survived and repopulated unknowingly. Many that were sent off world were sent in damaged pods, that when they landed they had a tendency to harm the child. Many lived but with some minor injuries and memory loss. Now a few hundred years later the race is growing larger and strong once more, even though many don't even know.
Saiyans can adapt both physically and mentally to any combat situation. A Saiyan has no fear in combat; in fact fear drives the Saiyan into a rage. Many tend to have a superiority complex, ego padded by their advanced power. They are brash and thick headed. Saiyans tend to jump into the fray before even considering the consequences because most all saiyans love a good fight.
Saiyans, from the basic outlook, look identical to humans, although they age slower and live up to twice as long. However due to their culture they don't often live to their full age, always in the midst of combat. They are almost universally buff and strong, men and woman alike, due to this warrior culture. They possess black, green, and brown hair but never natural blond, and their eye colors vary as much as any human. They are born with quite a bit of hair to begin with and it grows slowly, often never changing in maximum length once fully grown. Most notably the Saiyans possess a long monkey tail, a weak sensitive point but useful for balance, and key to triggering the lycanthropic transformation into an Oozaru.
Saiyans are generally of the mindset of the Prideful Warrior, and as such as dominating and overbearing. They do not get along well with others unless they lose a struggle of wills or an actual fight. If such occurs, then they can grow to respect their opponents as strong.
Saiyan life strays to chaotic lifestyles, as the power a saiyan possesses often gets to their heads. However, there is a strong lawful tradition among native saiyans, especially of royal stature.
Saiyans come from the planet Vegeta, Its existence has been terminated. But given the number of saiyans who have escaped to other worlds, and those who survived the destruction there are many possible clans out there.
The saiyans have no known religion, but they do have a belief in a super-being who will be born among their ranks. This "super saiyan" is the basis of the current ruling family's power, as they believe they possess the blood necessary to become one.
Saiyans speak Common, as the original language of the saiyans has vanished over the years. Vast traveling around the stars have forced them to abandon their racial languages.
Saiyans have first names, but are not known to keep last names. Members of the royal family often possess the name of those before them, such as the title and name of Vegeta.
- +2 Strength, +2 Constitution, -2 Wisdom: Saiyans excel in all physical arts and sensitivity to the power of ki, yet their society of battle has left their minds something to be desired.
- Medium: As a medium creature saiyans gain no bonuses due to size
- Saiyan base land speed is 30 ft. Base flight speed is 30 ft (Medium maneuverability), however, at less than 50% health, a Saiyan flies at half this speed. Also at 25% health, a Saiyan reduces Medium maneuverability to poor.
- Tail (Ex): The saiyan's tail is typically attached and provides a +2 bonus on Balance checks. It also triggers Oozaru form. If the tail is ever severed by some means, the Saiyan loses the ability to become an Oozaru, and loses their bonus to Balance checks. The tail has 4 hp per HD of the saiyan. The tail can also be grappled, as it is a weak spot. The first round on a successful grapple the saiyan must succeed on a DC 20 Fort save or be dazed for 1 round.
- Ki Sensitive (Su): Saiyans gain 2 bonus power points (such as psionic classes), 2 bonus ki points (such as ninja or monk) at 1st level. A saiyan of their favored class gains 1 extra ki blast and ki blast known per level. This benefit does not grant them the ability to manifest powers or employ these ki points unless they gain that ability through another source, such as levels in a psionic class, monk, ninja, or similar.
- Oozaru (Ex): Saiyans have an innate, were-ape like transformation which is triggers by the sight of the full moon. This being said, if the Saiyan is inside a dungeon or building and cannot see the full moon, he will not transform. The saiyan goes into a rage, becoming Gargantuan in size, becomes covered in hair, and takes the form of a Gargantuan ape. He gains +4 Str, -4 Dex, +4 Con a -4 size penalty on attack rolls, and a -4 size penalty to Armor Class due to your increased size. He gains two primary slam attacks dealing 1d8 + Str damage, and a secondary bite attack for 1d8 + Str. Oozaru are capable of using one Oral energy blast for 1d8+3 damage in place of it's other attacks (1 per every round) This form lasts for 3 + their newly improved Constitution modifier rounds, and during this frenzy they are unable to tell friend from foe, or perform any tasks requiring thinking, similar to a barbarian's rage. Anyone who sees the transformation has to make a fear save of 5+ Characters Fort. If the saiyans tail is severed by any means during the transformation, he immediately returns to normal and faints.
- Automatic Languages: Common. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: Ki Master (DnD Class). alternate suggestion for those with just the core books SRD3e:Monk
- Level Adjustment: +5
|21 years||30 years||+1d4||+1d6||+2d6|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|80 years||120 years||160 years||+2d20 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||5' 10"||+2d6||180 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
|Female||5' 2"||+2d6||170 lb.||× (1d6) lb.|
"The already darkened skies of the dying Planet grew darker as the Saiyan's pain was brought forth to the outside. The air around him sparked with electromagnetic discharges from his body as his power level increased due to the anger he felt for the loss of two of his closest friends, one of them being his best friend. His hair spiked straight toward the sky and changed into a gold, and his aura grew deadly. With a final explosion of power and cry of pain, he had transformed into none other than the creature spoken of in legends: The Super Saiyan. He eyed the alien murderer with a deadly gaze, then moved in to attack with the speed and force that the Gods themselves would envy."
During times of extreme pressure, or when a great injustice has been done against the Saiyan, their level of power will increase exponentially. During rare occurrences, a Saiyan may transform into a Super Saiyan. These rules for Super Saiyan are meant for campaigns that are sub-epic, and may be tweaked for Epic Campaigns as the DM sees fit. The rulings below are for Super Saiyan and Super Saiyan 2 only. Rules for Super Saiyan 3, and 4 will be added at a later time.
Super Saiyan Acquisition
This is a prestige class and will be added to the wiki in the coming weeks.