Saidin (3.5e Environment)
From D&D Wiki
This plane of existence is just a part of a greater whole that drives time itself. This greater whole is known as The One Power or the True Source and Saidin is just the raw embodiment of pure intense chaotic energy this thing could stand for. Another thing is that this enviroment is basically just mutable and unpredictable power source. Up until just recently this power source was coated with a layer of greasy rot that eventually turned anyone who touched it insane and into a withered leper. One thing that is strange about this power source is that it can only be used by men and of the male population only a small percentage can actually channel this energy. From all accounts and sources Saidin is described as a river of frozen fire and burning ice that to channel it would requires absolute control and resolute vigilance otherwise you could get swept away by the torrent.
- Gravity: Normal Gravity
- Time: Flowing Time: 75% slower time then the Material Plane. Also, all who have touched Saidin or its counterpart Saidar live to immense ages
- Size: Infinite size: No one has really tried to explore Saidin before even though everyone knows so much about it.
- Morphic: Specially Morphic: Quasi-divine beings and above can alter this realm with intense effort. For anyone else (besides channelers), any significant alteration requires the use of vast quantities of labor, or years of focused powerful magic.
Magic, Alignment, and Energy/Elemental Traits
- Elemental Dominance: Multidominant: On this plane there are many energies that claim hold of different planar locations the most well known of these energies are the two torrents of burning ice (water) and frozen fire and up until just recently there was a third domiance of pure decomposing evil.
- Energy Dominance: Zero dominance: Up until recently this plane had a major negative dominance because of the greasy rot, but now it is pure again
- Alignment Trait: Strongly chaotic aligned
- Magic Trait: Limited magic: Only male channelers may use energy drawn from this plane as this is the only energy allowed to be used.
This plane links inexorably to it's counterpart Saidar (3.5e Environment) and the fabric of time itself.
No one is a permanent resident of this plane although it does have visitors.
Movement and Combat
Same as the Material Plane.
Features of the Plane
The two clashing and colliding torrents of fire and ice.
Any creature passing through.