From D&D Wiki
It appears that there is no index of SRD standard character races. Is that correct? --Cúthalion 15:15, 12 February 2007 (MST)
- That is correct. The closest that you will get is the CL+0 races. --Dmilewski 16:37, 12 February 2007 (MST)
LA 0 Wrong?
Is it me or is the level experience clalculation for creatures with 1 or less HD and a level adjustment wrong? should it not be Level + level adjustment (not adding the HD) —The preceding unsigned comment was added by 220.127.116.11 (talk • contribs) 11:40, 4 April 2007 (MDT). Please sign your posts!
- No. The LA 0 entries are telling players what the LA of the race in question is — not what the ECL of the monster that is the example for that race is. --Green Dragon 09:17, 6 April 2007 (MDT)
Is there any chance we can get some pictures of some of the lesser known creatures? the description of elans doesn't say much asside from the fact that they are like 6 feet tall, and there is no description for xephs. Zau 05:04, 26 February 2008 (MST)
- I feel your pain. We can't use the ones from the books due to copyright issues. If someone wants to draw us pictures, that would be great. My own artistic skills are rather rusty these days so I am not much help except in the rare pinch. --Dmilewski 07:43, 26 February 2008 (MST)
- Would it be ok to link to the monster entries on the d20srd site? Most of those have images, e.g. 
Races Without Separate Race Entries
Should level-adjusted creatures without a "(Blank) as Characters" section be listed on this page? I was thinking that any creature that has a level adjustment (such as Astral Devas and Araneas) could be considered a race, since level adjustment is only really meant for compensation for powerful racial abilities in PCs. --Daniel Draco 05:44, 19 May 2008 (MDT)
LA + HD
if somthing has both racial HD and an LA, do they add together? would somthing with a +2 LA, 2 racial HD and a fighter level be ECL 3 or ECL 5? Zau 05:04, 16 September 2008 (MDT)
- Yes. HD is your HD/Level. LA is a adjustment on top of your HD. An LA says, "This is a 2 HD opponent and should be treated as such. However, in the hands of a player, the race is better than its HD suggests, so it gets a +2 LA."--Dmilewski 06:41, 16 September 2008 (MDT)
- sorry, but that really didn't help. i meant the racial hit dice (like the description for the hound archon). a hound archon has a +5 LA and 6 racial hit dice. would that make it ECL 6 or ECL 11 (just saying 'ecl 6' or 'ecl 11' would tell me what i need to know.) Zau 02:53, 17 September 2008 (MDT)
- ecl 11, which is pretty dumb but that's the default rules for you. Surgo 06:10, 17 September 2008 (MDT)
- LA only applies to PCs or their allies (creatures, hirelings, followers, etc). A hound archon with a CR 4, +5 LA, and 6 racial HD has a CR equal to its CR, which is 4. A hound archon with two fighter levels has a CR of 6 (CR 4 + 2 fighter levels). A hound archon CHARACTER with two fighter levels has a ECL of 6 HD + 2 Fighter Levels + 5 LA = ECL 13.--Dmilewski 06:48, 17 September 2008 (MDT)
- I know that quite well, and I'm not sure why you posted the diatribe about it. The rules are retarded and dysfunctional. Surgo 09:19, 17 September 2008 (MDT)
- Other people read these threads. I provided the example so that others who visit get the best possible explanation. The rules themselves do not work. They work so-so in the +1 to +2 LA range, but break down after that. A better implementation is the later-created racial substitution levels.
What happened to all of the links? The pages don't seem to exist anymore. If that was intentional, could someone update them? (pixie would point to the creature listing which has the "As Characters" at the bottom) Mem 01:19, 18 July 2010 (UTC)
- Well, Dwarves, Gray—Duergar has been moved to Duergar. So, I guess this page just needs to be updated. -- saint23thomas -- 12:42, 22 August 2010 (MDT)
- Yeah, Gargoyles—Kapoacinths moved to Gargoylesâ€”Kapoacinths, Goblins—Blues moved to Blue, Gnomes, Deep—Svirfneblin moved to Svirfneblin, Halflings—Tallfellows moved to Halflingsâ€”Tallfellows, Ogres—Merrows moved to Ogresâ€”Merrows, Planetouched—Tieflings moved to Tiefling, Sprites—Pixies moved to SRD:Pixie, and Trolls—Scrags moved to SRD:Scrag -- saint23thomas -- 13:17, 22 August 2010 (MDT)
- The funky names have even been fixed. -- saint23thomas -- 15:54, 24 August 2010 (MDT)