SRD Talk:Magical Beast Type
From D&D Wiki
 Class Skills?
Where do I find what the class skills of a Magical Beast are. They should likely be added to all the "Type" pages. It would make creating Monsterous NPCs a lot easier. --Aarnott 17:43, 19 February 2008 (MST)
- In the Monster Manual on page 293, under "Skills", there is a line that says:
- "Treat skills listed in the base creature's description as class skills, as well as any new skills applied by the template."
- --Othtim 19:01, 19 February 2008 (MST)
- Thanks! That answers that. I just built a Griffon variant that can gain class levels and I wanted to know it's Magical Beast class skills. --Aarnott 21:11, 19 February 2008 (MST)
Seriously, it's like RIGHT THERE at the top of the pages: BEASATS = Beasts
Also, is BEAST Subtype not part of the official SRD in 3.5? I am not moving on to 4th edition, btw. I am against it for the most part, and I still value all my old books. I liked 3.5 and think we should have simply made more products without stopping the publication of the old ones... -- xido 01:49, 9 March 2009 (MDT)
- Category:Magical Beast Type if that is what you are looking for. --Green Dragon 09:34, 9 March 2009 (MDT)
- That's helpful but no... I think I saw it in Monster Manual II or later... It was a type/subtype for something OTHER THAN Magical Beast, but that was similar. It was simply BEAST, though... Not really sure, to be quite honest. I just wanted to know the difference between that and a MAGICAL BEAST. -- xido 22:16, 9 March 2009 (MDT)
- Beast was one of the types in 3 ed. but was folded into magical beast in 3.5 ed. -Sarrow 22:52, 9 March 2009 (MDT)
- Oh. Thank you so much, Sarrow. That helps immensely. So, my only need to deal with basic creatures - whether typical, enhanced, magical, etc. - results in using Vermin, Animals, Magical Beasts, etc. What do I do to a 3.0 creature that is labeled as a Beast? Is there a document stating this 'fold-over' or a 3.5 Errata file? I am considering how best to deal with dinosaurs, prehistoric animals (& dire-such varieties), and other more Outsider-related concepts, but I was wondering if I had perhaps overlooked a better way of working with these types of beasties.... Seriosuly, thank you. -- xido 03:40, 10 March 2009 (MDT)
- Here is the link to the wizards official update from 3 ed. to 3.5 ed.
- Hope that this helps in what you are looking for. As for the dinosaurs, prehistoric, and dire animal thing they are all animals in 3.5 ed. -Sarrow 13:28, 10 March 2009 (MDT)
 Summoned monsters?
If I were to summon... Say a feindish monster and it's int is normaly 1 but when the template is added and it's int goes up to 3 can it then understand common?