SRD Talk:Breath Weapon
From D&D Wiki
 Changes From the Original SRD
Added (from Abilities and Conditions):
- "A creature attacking with a breath weapon is actually expelling something from its mouth (rather than conjuring it by means of a spell or some other magical effect). "
- " Most creatures with breath weapons are limited to a number of uses per day or by a minimum length of time that must pass between uses. Such creatures are usually smart enough to save their breath weapon until they really need it."
- "Using a breath weapon is typically a standard action.
- "No attack roll is necessary. The breath simply fills its stated area.
- "Any character caught in the area must make the appropriate saving throw or suffer the breath weapon’s full effect. In many cases, a character who succeeds on his saving throw still takes half damage or some other reduced effect.
- "Breath weapons are supernatural abilities except where noted.
- "Creatures are immune to their own breath weapons unless otherwise noted.
- "Creatures unable to breathe can still use breath weapons. (The term is something of a misnomer.)"
- "A creature is immune to its own breath weapon unless otherwise noted. "