From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Also see the scrag creature listing.
Scrags walk upright but hunched forward with sagging shoulders. Their gait is uneven, and when they run, their arms dangle and drag along the ground. For all this seeming awkwardness, scrags are very agile.
A typical adult scrag stands 9 feet tall and weighs 500 pounds. Females are slightly larger than males. A scrag’s rubbery hide is moss green, mottled green and gray, or putrid gray. The hair is usually greenish black or iron gray.
- +12 Strength, +4 Dexterity, +12 Constitution, –4 Intelligence (minimum 3), –2 Wisdom, –4 Charisma.
- Giant (Aquatic)
- Large size: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Space/Reach: 10 feet/10 feet.
- A scrag’s base land speed is 20 feet. It also has a swim speed of 40 feet. A scrag can move through water at its swim speed without making Swim checks. A scrag can use the run action while swimming, provided it swims in a straight line.
- Darkvision out to 60 feet.
- Low-Light Vision
- Racial Hit Dice: A scrag begins with six levels of giant, which provide 6d8 Hit Dice, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throw bonuses of Fort +5, Ref +2, and Will +2.
- Racial Skills: A scrag’s giant levels give it skill points equal to 9 × (2 + Int modifier, minimum 1). Its class skills are Listen, Spot, and Swim. It has a +8 racial bonus on any Swim check to perform some special action or avoid a hazard. A scrag can always can choose to take 10 on a Swim check, even if distracted or endangered.
- Racial Feats: A scrag’s giant levels give it three feats.
- +5 natural armor bonus.
- Natural Weapons: 2 claws (1d6) and bite (1d6).
- Weapon Proficiency: A scrag is automatically proficient with all simple and martial weapons.
- Rend (Ex): If a scrag hits with both claw attacks, it latches onto the opponent’s body and tears the flesh. This attack automatically deals an additional 2d6 + 1-1/2 Str bonus points of damage.
- Regeneration (Ex): Fire and acid deal normal damage to a scrag. If a scrag loses a limb or body part, the lost portion regrows in 3d6 minutes. The creature can reattach the severed member instantly by holding it to the stump. Scrags regenerate only if mostly immersed in water.
- Automatic Language: Giant. Bonus Languages: Common, Orc.
- Favored Class: Fighter.
- Level Adjustment: +5.