SRD3e:Speak Language Skill
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Speak Language (NONE; TRAINED ONLY)
The Speak Language skill doesn't work like a standard skill.
- The character starts at 1st level knowing one or two languages (according to the character's race) plus an additional number of languages equal to the character's Intelligence bonus.
- Instead of buying a rank in Speak Language, the character chooses a new language that the character can speak.
- The character doesn't make Speak Language checks. The character either knows a language or the character doesn't.
- A literate character (anyone but a barbarian) can read and write any language she speaks. Each language has an alphabet (though sometimes several spoken languages share a single alphabet).
Common languages and their alphabets are summarized in Table: Languages
- Not applicable. (There are no Speak Language checks to fail.)