SRD3e:Escape Artist Skill
From D&D Wiki
|This material is published under the OGL|
Escape Artist (DEX; ARMOR CHECK PENALTY)
- Making a check to escape from being bound up by ropes, manacles, or other restraints (except a grappler) requires 1 minute of work. Escaping a net or entangle spell is a full-round action. Squeezing through a tight space takes at least 1 minute, maybe longer, depending on how long the space is.
|Ropes||Binder's Use Rope check at +10|
|Grappler||Grappler's grapple check|
|Animate rope spell, command plants spell, control plants spell, or entangle spell||20|
- The character's Escape Artist check is opposed by the binder's Use Rope check. Since it's easier to tie someone up than to escape from being tied up, the binder gets a special +10 bonus on her check.
- Manacles and Masterwork Manacles
- Manacles have a DC set by their construction.
- Escaping from a net is a full-round action.
- Tight Space
- This is the DC for getting through a space where one's head fits but one's shoulders don't. If the space is long, such as in a chimney, the DM may call for multiple checks. The character can't fit through a space that the character's head does not fit through.
- The character can make an Escape Artist check opposed by the enemy's grapple check to get out of a grapple or out of a pinned condition (so that the character is just being grappled). Doing so is a standard action, so if the character escapes the grapple the character can move in the same round. See "Wriggle Free" under Other Grappling Options.
- Escaping from an animate rope, command plants, control plants, or entangle spell is a full-round action.
- The character can make another check after a failed check if the character is squeezing through a tight space, making multiple checks. If the situation permits, the character can make additional checks or even take 20 as long as the character is not being actively opposed.
- A character with 5 or more ranks of Use Rope gets a +2 synergy bonus on Escape Artist checks when escaping from rope bonds.