SCS: Eladrin (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
This is a basic race in the Super class system (SCS). It can also be used in a regular 3.5 game.
Eladrin once lived in the magical beauty of the twilight courts. They are people who value beauty and splendor over anything else. Much like their elven brothers, Eladrin often appear as being arrogant and elitist to other races. Unlike elves, however, Eladrin are much more reserved and cold, typically appearing more aloof and absorbed in their own thoughts and meditations.
Eladrin are accustomed to showing their feelings in the form of an art rather than in words: painting, singing and dancing are the primary ways in which they express themselves, which is why they mostly seem cold and detached when speaking. However, even when speaking a strange charm seems to radiate from them.
An Eladrin's height is usually between 5′ 5″ and 6′ 2″. They are slim, weighing in between 130 and 180 pounds, and even the strongest simply look athletic rather than muscle-bound. They usually have pale complexions and long straight hair, which is often pale blue, silver or golden blond. Their ears are long and pointed, and their eyes are pearly orbs of vibrant blue, deep purple, emerald green or bright yellow, lacking pupils.
Eladrin have very uneasy relations with the elves, whom they consider to be their lesser fey siblings. Elves are wary of Eladrin and will typically avoid Eladrin at almost any cost, although the relationship between Eladrin and elves is one of mutual understanding and respect, as both elves and Eladrin share many similarities. Eladrin prefer the quiet nature of the tieflings, and to them the tieflings are misunderstood people, a bit like themselves. To the Eladrin, Gnomes and Dwarves are annoying at best, and humans are simply not worth their time. Eladrin will, however, tolerate most good- and neutral-aligned races, although they are similar to the elves in their dislike for Drow.
Eladrin tend to be of chaotic neutral alignment; they aren't as good natured as their elves cousins, but they are usually very open minded. Both chaotic neutral and chaotic good are typical alignments for Eladrin, although as almost every Eladrin tends to prefer following their own set of rules, lawful Eladrin are considered rare.
Eladrin live in huge fortess-cities called Vandalris; those cities are few and far between but each one will host at least 1000 Eladrin citizens. These Vandalris are usually constructed in places of stunning natural beauty.
Each Vandalris has its own government and rulers, as well as its own laws.
Eladrin worship the sun and the moon, and one can often find temples dedicated to Elios and Dairis in about any Vandalris. They also occasionally worship Zodus, the dead god that was killed by Dracus, and of course Mobius, the god ruler of the oceans and forests, is also honored in different celebration over the year. However, almost all Eladrin will pay homage to Corellon Larethian, the leader of the Seldarine and the primary god responsible for the existence of the Eladrin. From their own standpoint, the Eladrin are the greatest creation of Corellon Larethian, although this of course is not a belief shared by the Elves.
Eladrin speak Elven, a fey language that takes its roots in ancient sylvan. They also sometimes speak the language of their enemies, goblins and orcs. In 3.0 and 3.5 editions, Eladrin are considered celestials and thus will usually speak Celestial in addition to Elven and Common.
Male names: Daramil, Arannis, Delrian, Ayereth, Dervan, Galinwel, Hadaris, Mindatar, Peblas, Quarion, Rialvas, Soveliss, Aeofel.
Female names: Althena, Anastriana, Andrasta, Galinvelle, Shanara, Queelenia, Cialynna, Meriele, Darinvelle, Naiaelle.
- +2 Dexterity, +2 Intelligence, +2 Charisma. Like the elves, Eladrin are agile and charismatic. They are also very knowledgeable.
- Humanoid (Fey)
- Medium sized.
- Eladrin base land speed is 40ft (8 squares)
- Dark vision.
- Skill bonus: +2 arcana, +2 history and +2 perception (knowledge arcana, knowledge history, spot and listen for regular settings).
- Eladrin education: You gain training in one additional skill (4 in regular settings).
- Eladrin weapon proficiency: Eladrin gain proficiency with the longsword and the spear.
- Fey origin: Eladrin are considered to be fey for the purpose of effects that relate to creature origin. Also, rather than sleep, an Eladrin enters a meditative state known as a trance. Eladrin need to spend 4 hours in this state to gain the benefit of a full night of sleep, equivalent to six hours of sleep for a human. During this trance, Eladrin are completely aware of their surroundings, and can use their senses much the same way as they would when not in trance.
- Feystep(racial power): Once per encounter (or every five to ten minutes), an Eladrin can use their Feystep racial power as a move action in order to teleport up to five squares (25 feet) as long as there is a clear line of sight to the destination.
- Immune to magical sleep and effect. +5 vs. charm/enchantment saving throws.
- Magical nature/Eladrin Will: The eladrin gain a +1 bonus on charisma-based saving throw (+1 on will saving throw in regular settings).
- Automatic Languages: Common and Elven. Bonus Languages: Celestial, Gnomish, Sylvan, Orc, Dwarven, Halfing, Draconic and Primordial.
- Favored Class: Wizard, Rogue, Warlord, Fighter
- Level Adjustment: +0.
Eladrin, like elves, grow at a decelerating rate throughout their lives. Very young eladrin mature at a rate comparable with humans but during adolescence slow to a near stop until about 110 years of age, at which point eladrin are considered mature. Elves then remain vigorous and active until the middle of their third century. Even so, after this most eladrin suffer few of the infirmities of old age that plague other races, remaining full of life until the end.