Rootpitter (3.5e Template)
From D&D Wiki
|Status:||work in progress|
[[3e Summary::The host is taken over by a parasitic plant, turning the creature itself into a plant-type]]
Plant-like creatures with leaves growing out of their heads, rootpitters are actually victims possessed by the seeds of a parasitic fruit. The fruit is able to grow in any climate, so rootpitters are of all different types. It takes a DC 15 Spot or Knowledge (Nature) Check to realize that the rootpitter fruit is being ingested, or a DC 15 Heal Check to purge the stomach of the seeds before the plant takes root. Otherwise, in 2d4 hours, the creature takes on the rootpitter template, and a DC 20 heal check is required to remove the plant via surgery.
 Creating a Rootpitter
 Size and Type
 Hit Dice
The host's hit dice remain unchanged
 Special Attacks
- Poison(Sp): Rootpitters can add poison secreted from their salivary glands to any weapon for one attack per day at 1HD and a +1 for every 2HD thereafter. (Damage 1d4 Dexterity/Paralysis for 1 round)
 Special Qualities
- Low-light vision.
- Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
- Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
- Take 150% damage from fire attacks.
- Not subject to critical hits.
- As Plants, they breathe and eat, but do not sleep.
Typically rootpitters are found in forested areas, where they can be around the plants that they consider their families.
 Challenge Rating
 Level Adjustment