Rom Pantheon 2 (3.5e Deity)
From D&D Wiki
 The Sosha Orsa Pantheon: Intermediate Deities
- The Intermediate Deities of Rom are collectively known as the Sosha Orsa
|Cen||Lawful Good||Good, Healing, SRD: Law Domain, Protection, Sun|
|Bannocks||Neutral Good||Good, Protection, Strength|
|Sunigeb||Chaotic Good||Chaos, Good, Magic, Travel|
|Nril||Lawful Neutral||Air, Death, Destruction, Fire, Law, War|
|Uljid||Neutral||Animal, Earth, Knowledge, Luck, Plant, Trickery|
|Veti||Chaotic Neutral||Chaos, Strength, War|
|Mekrii||Lawful Evil||Evil, Law, Magic, Scalykind|
|Astor||Neutral Evil||Evil, Magic, Strength|
|Tzxank||Chaotic Evil||Chaos, Death, Evil, Fire, Trickery|
 Typical Worshipers
|Deity||Typical Races||Typical Classes|
|Cen (LG)||Humans, Deeka, Durzites, Gnomes||Clerics, Monks, Paladins|
|Bannocks (NG)||Humans, Dwarves, Malaquians||Clerics, Fighters|
|Sunigeb (CG)||Humans, Candothists||Barbarians, Bards, Clerics, Sorcerers, Wizards|
|Nril (LN)||Humans, Aroghin, Deeka||Clerics, Fighters, Monks, Paladins|
|Uljid (N)||Any Race||Bards, Clerics, Druids, Rangers, Rogues|
|Veti (CN)||Any Race||Barbarians, Clerics, Fighters|
|Mekrii (LE)||Aroghin, Lizardfolk||Blackguards, Clerics, Fighters, Monks|
|Astor(NE)||Aroghin||Bards, Clerics, Rogues|
|Tzxank (CE)||By individual only||Bards, Clerics, Necromancers, Rogues|
 Traits of the Sosha Orsa
Sosha Orsa are powerful beings, but they have not been around since the existance of the world, rather, they were born in its early days and rose to power long ago. In one way or another they have achieved Godhood, but they have not fully evolved into the highest form due to either their being born mortal or from the fact that they are still young. All Sosha Orsa possess the following traits:
- Star Heart: Their true forms may appear however they like, and may appear as any size, but their power always remains the same, as a furnace of energy contained within a spherical heart. This star heart grants immeasurable power to its body, but it is still inferior to the full form of the Sosha Genia. This body is immune to any damage born from less than Sosha Orsa power. If a mortal pierces the heart of a Sosha Orsa, the Sosha Orsa may choose to instantly vaporize him, as if the mortal had suddenly fallen into the center of a star.
- Omnipresence: A Sosha Orsa is able to watch over the mortal world, no matter the location of their Incarnation, with exacting precision. In addition, a Sosha Orsa may form an Incarnation, and any number of Ephemeral Avatars as it pleases.
- Planar Influence A Sosha Orsa is able to provide His clerics with power even when He is on a far away plane. However, He is unable to directly influence a plane otherwise.
- Indestructible: A Sosha Orsa cannot be killed. However, if all other Sosha Orsa wish, they may attempt to disburse the energy of one of their own, essentially killing a God, however, all Sosha Orsa must agree. The energy from the dead God remains and seeps into the Cosmic Aether. Sosha Orsa can still fight and weaken each other however.
- Ancient Celestial: Sosha Orsa converse with each other in Ancient Celestial, a language unintelligible to mortal ears. Ancient Celestial script can be found in only a few places, being the oldest temples and in ruins.
- Divine Intervention: Sosha Orsa are able to singularly affect the lives of mortals in any way they choose. However, as they act the other Gods may react to stop this intervention. This gift is only granted on the rarest of occasions.
 Sosha Orsa and their Incarnations
A Sosha Orsa can only exist on a single plane at a time, as well as only extend their power onto that plane or another plane up to 1 layer away. For this reason, Most Sosha Orsa with active worshippers have strongholds in the Ancient Lands, the plane between the material plane and Nymnelia.
- Incarnation: Sosha Orsa often travel from plane to plane, as they are stuck in their single incarnations. The appearance of a Sosha Orsa on the material plane is less monumenta,l and less damaging, than the Sosha Genia. They will occasionally make appearances instead of sending their heralds.
|Symbol:||An ornate gear wrapped in ribbon|
|Home Plane:||Nymnelia, Eonolis, City of Glory|
|Portfolio:||architecture, order, redemption, constructs, mercy|
|Clergy Alignments:||Lawful Good, Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral|
|Domains:||Good, Healing, Law, Protection, Sun|
|Favored Weapon:||Rapier and Crossbow (any).|
- Cen (sen):
Long ago Exaka presented Cen, a powerful but mindless construct, as a gift to Guygus for use in His legions as a weapon against the forces of Nim. She kept Guygus's legions under control with her harsh and direct approach, banding together demons under her strict, fearsome temperance. Leading an army of demons, she destroyed many valiant celestials as she unknowingly and mindlessly aided the wicked God. Though, as Exaka's reign came to an end, so did the control placed over her and she went wild, destroying everything in her path, slaying many of Guygus's demons, much to His own amusement. Guygus contacted Nril to help Him fend off the crazy construct built by Exaka, hoping that one may kill the other. Unfortunately for Guygus, Nril finally succeeded in bringing her down, though instead of destroying her, he took pity and gave her the Divine Spark he had attained after killing Thil. With this gift, she gained a mind of her own. Over the following ages, she became more powerful with the help of Nril. They both have since become lovers. Her followers also colloquially refer to her as The Crystal Goddess.
Cen is tireless in her efforts as she seeks constantly to atone for the horrors She caused while enthralled to Guygus. Her clergy know this and are known to provide refuge for those seeking redemption.
- Incarnation: Cen is a sleek construct made of crystal, adamantine, gold and pearl. Four arms float fluidly by her sides as she stands, bobbing and swaying in dancelike rhythm. She only passably resembles a woman, as her sleek translucent shell covers a network of gears and working parts, silently whirling about inside perpetually. She wears gossamer ribbons and fine fabrics. She towers over her heralds, and is a fierce warrior in battle. She uses two repeating heavy crossbows, which are reloaded by her second set of arms. Though in melee, she prefers to use her four rapiers, which are so keen, that they can pierce through any material. When she speaks, her voice sounds like a chorus of symphonic instruments.
- Special Ability: Tactical Precognition: She is able to calculate the future on the battlefield, but her calculations can only take things into account which are on the battlefield, for this reason, she does not rely on it as a crutch, but as a tool to view every ally and target on the plane of battle.
Worry not for what you have done and regret, for those who wish to repent, you will be given eternity to atone for your misdeeds. You must not suffer at the wills of others, nor must you let others suffer at the will of yours. Cen believes strongly in spreading order through beauty, and that the two are permanantly linked.
 Clergy and Temples
Temples of Cen are intricately built, architectural marvels. Many architects worship Cen as a means of gaining access to the great amount of architectural study and knowledge stored in their archives. Clerics of Cen are often architects themselves, and built intricate mechanical contraptions into the temple. Common folk find that temples are both marvelous spiritually and technologically. Those clerics that don't find enlightenment by building houses, find it by constructing siege weapons to use against the forces of chaos and evil that threaten civilized lands.
|Symbol:||a halo of 47 radiating bronze spears|
|Home Plane:||Nymnelia, Gueron Ki, The Temple City|
|Portfolio:||tactics, forethought, perseverance|
|Clergy Alignments:||Lawful Good, Neutral Good|
|Domains:||Good, Protection, Strength|
|Favored Weapon:||Spears and reach weapons.|
- Bannocks (ban-ox):
Belonging to a long past race of celestials, He was once an architect who protected cities from invasion on the material plane during the war against Exaka. Rejik, impressed by his cunning and tactics set a challenge against the celestial. Rejik challenged Bannocks to build a city that was impenetrable by mortal means. Details of the story are hazy, but it is rumored that Bannocks won, and thus attained his first step toward Godhood and the job of fortifyingRejik’s Temple City to last for all of time. He is also known as The Defender. Other than heavy armor, He prefers spears and other reach weapons in combat.
- Incarnation: Bannocks looks to be a middle aged bald man with a well kept beard, neatly trimmed, with intelligent eyes that quickly scan his surroundings. He dresses in the finest armors ever created, and always carries his tools at his side. When he enters into combat, he carries with him several spears with him. When fighting in the open, he jams several into the ground in front of him to act as a blockade. With his knowledge of armor and tactics, he is able to strike at weak spots, crippling his foes.
- Special Ability: Godly Protection: Bannocks can grant protection to anything he touches, this protection offers resistance as though he was a Greater Deity.
The world is dangerous. Provide for yourself a wise defense to weather the worst storm. Use your strength to keep the ones you love safe.
 Clergy and Temples
Temples of Bannocks are fortified fortresses, built to withstand eons of time and harsh war. They are built from great chunks of stone, or even out of carved out of mountain faces themselves. These temple fortresses occasionally serve as strongholds for governmental seats of power, or as refuges during dangerous times. A single temple holds many secret chambers and tunnels, housing supplies, escape routes and weapons to defend. Elite guardians at these Temples, known as Sensors, are totally armored warriors capable of withstanding great onslaughts for a long time.
|Symbol:||a man bursting with light against a night sky|
|Home Plane:||Cuddi Rul, Airstream|
|Clergy Alignments:||Neutral Good, Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral|
|Domains:||Chaos, Good, Magic, Travel|
- Sunigeb (soo-nih-gehb):
He was once a powerful mage who, after growing bored with traveling the material plane, began traveling the across the planes. He traveled far, across great expanses of vast empty space until he found his way to the resting place of Colony. The ancient God questioned the man, and was puzzled by his quest for immortality and infinite knowledge. Colony took pity on the traveler and granted him Godhood, in the form of the Star Seed, Sosha Ixa. With this power, Sunigeb became free to travel across the reaches of time and eternity. Though after his long search, he returned with a wealth of knowledge and the comfort that no mater how far you travel, you will eventually find home. His home is aiding the good mortals of the world he left behind so long ago. His return proved a great surprise in the plans laid by Exaka in the great war. His power to build portals changed the front of the war entirely and made it possible for Exaka's Damned City to be infiltrated.
Ever since the war, He has been making portals throughout the planes and aiding other good Gods by providing a means to transport their followers across existence to wage wars against the forces of darkness. He is commonly called The Wisdom Weaver and fights by unleashing volleys of daggers at his enemies.
- Incarnation: He appears like an elegantly overdressed nobleman with smooth tanned features and fine black hair. A pipe often hangs limply from his mouth as he sits and watches hundreds of crystal balls surrounding him that hover and orbit his huge walking chair that slowly walks, bobbing gracefully along, or taking to the air as need be. Sunigeb is always on the move, and employs many fancy modes of luxurious travel to take him where he needs to go.
Secrets bring you power, but all the knowledge you gain, and all the places you travel, will never fill the void left by those who fill that knowledge, those places and those memories you have gained.
 Clergy and Temples
Sages and scholars often found libraries to Sunigeb, which serve as his temples. Sunigeb is worshiped through diligent study and learning, rather than through prayer, though no scholar is above prayer when it comes to finding the single bit of knowledge they search for among stack and volumes of books and parchment scrolls. Some great wizard's colleges are actually expanded temples of Sunigeb, who watches over those who share his desire for arcane knowledge.
|Symbol:||a feather with a hilt|
|Home Plane:||Nymnelia, The High Valley|
|Portfolio:||Flight, fortitude, justice, retribution, temperance, truth|
|Clergy Alignments:||Lawful Good, Lawful Neutral|
|Domains:||Air, Death, Destruction, Fire, Law, War|
|Favored Weapon:||Bastard Sword|
- Nril (ner-ill):
As the war against Exaka grew fierce, Rejiksson channeled His power and might and created several new archangels to fight in the war. However, this effort put a lot of strain on the God, and before the final rights could be performed on the final archangel, giving him knowledge and purpose, it was stolen away from Him by Exaka's Devil lords. Rejiksson created this final mighty archangel that possessed powers even the Sosha Genia did not. The mighty archangel Nril was meant to balance the allocation of divine power in the cosmos, acting as a divine arbitrator. Exaka corrupted his purpose and used him as an instrument of horror, forcing Nril to unknowlingly fight his brothers and sisters. Rejiksson, enraged by the audacity of Exaka, Ordered his archangels to destroy Nril, lest he destroy them all. Thil, the first of the archangels, waged a brutal struggle against his younger brother. Thil proved no equal for Nril's monstrous power, which was cruelly revealed to be the power to consume other Gods. Thil was eaten alive, and a great wave of power roared into Nril as Thil's Divine Spark release him from Exaka's wicked manipulation. Nril was horrified and saddened by what he had done and bellowed so loudly and fiercely that the land beneath them erupted in volcanic geysers, severing the frontline of the battle. Seeking revenge, Nril, with his brothers and sister in tow, attacked the Fortress of Exaka with His sister and brothers (Ohmriel, Astor and Ordmal) and all but destroyed the God, who escaped. Rejiksson feared he had made a great mistake, and issued that his archangels would be locked away until a time when their power could be trusted. Nril, as well as Ohmriel and Ordmal were locked away for millennia as the Gods feared their powers.
- Incarnation: Nril appears as a weary eyed young man, dressed in simple clothes, with a pair of great gray wings. At his side he carries a powerful bastard sword crafted by Veti. He stands slumped as if a great burden is carried on his shoulders, but walks with a weightless, fluid motion, as if moving through water. In combat, he moves with quick, solid motion, dashing and leaping, crushing the ground beneath his feet and slicing his foes with his sword.
- Special Ability: God Eater: Nril has the power to continually absorb divine energy around him, making him more powerful as he does. Celestials and lesser Gods are nearly helpless against him. For this reason, he takes special care to never abuse this power, lest he attract undue attention from greater beings who would rather see him destroyed.
- Special Ability: Godly Mettle: Nril is affected by energy differently than most beings. He is immune to damage from electricity. Cold damage heals him, and fire damage instead increases his strength and dexterity.
Obeying the law is the only way to ensure that everyone is entitled to their fair share.
 Clergy and Temples
In lands that have fewer worshipers of Rejiksson, temples of Nril often serve as courts of law. However, in most lands, Nril is little known and holds little sway over the lives of mortals. Most followers of Nril are those who wish to change from their unguided ways and follow a path order, without straying from a path that offers destruction, death and war. Followers of Nril tend to be harsh, offering mercy to those only after their weakness has been shown to them. Followers of Nril often find places as generals of armies that surge across the land in holy crusade.
|Symbol:||three horizontal lines|
|Home Plane:||Cosmic Aether|
|Portfolio:||Trust, universal truths|
|Clergy Alignments:||Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral, Neutral, Chaotic Neutral, Neutral Evil|
|Domains:||Animal, Earth, Knowledge, Luck, Plant, Trickery|
|Favored Weapon:||A single weapon.|
- Uljid (uhl-jeed):
He is believed to be the father of Colony, who long ago instilled much of his power into Him, draining his of his full Sosha Genia status. Uljid possesses ancient and unusual powers thought to be common at the creation of existence. His once dense body has become a nebulous cloud of energy with a Sosha Orsa core. Though his body has weakened, his knowledge has only grown, as he commands and understands the riddles of life and the natural world. His followers call him The Ancient. He prefers that His clerics carry only one weapon at their sides and learn to use it beyond compare; trusting in it as they trust in him.
- Incarnation: A rolling, boiling storm cloud of swirling energy with the glowing star heart at its core. He hides in extra-dimensional spaces, traveling unseen, unheard and unfelt. When he appears, he lashes out with with waves of multiple primordial energies at once, reducing his foes to their elemental components.
- Special Ability: Prophetic: Uljid, due to his age, often speaks to those who find him in prophetic riddles, which are always alarmingly accurate.
Uljid teaches trust and faith, for it is not only by your power that you succeed, but by the power you bestow onto those who aide you.
 Clergy and Temples
Temples of Uljid are usually build out in the middle of nowhere, occasionally overtop old ruins where ancient magic still persists. These temples are difficult to locate, and are often only found by those who are worthy of finding them. For this reason, many common folks doubt their existence. Druids and rangers gather at the temples when need be, which can often go uninhabited for years. Clerics that follow Uljid do so because of the true call of faith in him that Uljid offers to his disciples.
|Symbol:||a pair of double ended and crossed hammers|
|Home Plane:||Nymnelia, Gueron Ki, The Temple City|
|Portfolio:||battle, craftsmanship, rage, metal|
|Clergy Alignments:||Chaotic Good, Chaotic Neutral, Chaotic Evil|
|Domains:||Chaos, Strength, War|
- Veti (veh-tee):
In his youth, the celestial spent many years as an apprentice among the forges of great celestial smiths, arming the forces of the celestial armies. After much toil, and his addition into the Celestial Forge Guild, he learned to forge with the divine power and channeled primordial elements from the Cosmic Aether. After many millennia, he became the most powerful Forge Master in the Guild, forging unmatched weapons and armor. It was his role forging weapons for great beings that caused Rejik to take notice of him, and offered him a position. Veti, tired of the responsibility with his position at the guild and lured by the power offered by Rejik, thus he attained his Godhood and became the Godly Forge Master for Rejik, thus denying the other armies of his great and skillful prowess. With Veti supplying arms and armor for Rejik's legions, Rejik constantly remains the most prominent God. Veti stays inRejik's employ for the chance at battle, where He unsheathes His greatest masterworks, twin celestial adamantine warhammers that He uses to forge armory from the Cosmic Aether.
- Incarnation: Thick wild white hair flows about his head as his eyes beam about wildly. Tall, with pale blue skin, he walks, adorned in silken metals, the ground trembling beneath him with each solid step. His massive frame quakes with each swing of his hammers, pounding the air itself into blades that shatter into his foes and fade again from crystalline nothingness.
- Special Ability: Artifact Creator: Veti can create artifacts as though he were a greater deity. However, these artifacts must be armor, shields or weapons.
With your hands you can create strength. With strength, you can earn power. With power you gain freedom and with freedom you gain the world.
 Clergy and Temples
The followers of Veti are often craftsmen, employed by rulers to craft weapons and instruments of war. Clerics of Veti are also often craftsman, making their own weapons to take with them on campaigns, smiting anyone who dares hire them or conscript them into their army. These clerics are ruthless killing machines, storming into the fray well armed and armored, taking a beating and handing out many more.
|Symbol:||a black circle dripping black blood.|
|Home Plane:||The Dark World, the wastelands|
|Portfolio:||hunger, vileness, mercilessness|
|Clergy Alignments:||Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil|
|Domains:||Evil, Law, Magic, Scalykind|
|Favored Weapon:||Simple Melee Weapons.|
- Mekrii (mehk-ree):
Born of Lord Shodral, celestial ruler of all shadow dragons in the Dark World, she grew quickly and took to the ruthless nature of slaying lowly mortals. Exaka tried to extend his power into the Dark World, and seeing the delicious army he brought, decided to feast upon the devils. Binding their wicked energy together, she created a divine spark which allowed her to become a Sosha Ixa, and later, after gaining much arcane knowledge, she transformed into a Sosha Orsa. Since the Fall of Shodral, she has retreated into the vast and dark sandy wastelands, gathering power in secret and building a new kingdom. She prides Herself on knowledge of arcane secrets and even keeps a few spells that even the other Gods cannot fathom. She is also known as The Black Blood and prefers her followers use simple melee weapons in combat if they lack their own natural weapons.
- Incarnation: Mekrii is a dark scaled dragon with a sleek serpentine body, able to burrow in the wastelands sands and prey upon wandering victims who confuse her for a black dragon. She breaths dust that turns mortals to stone. Her razor claws carve into flesh and stone alike.
- Special Ability: Impromptu Spell: Mekrii can channel arcane force with a thought to create new spells, or combine the effects of several different spells.
If knowledge is power, then secrets offer control over those around you. If arcane power is secret power, then may the world fear you.
 Clergy and Temples
Most of Mekrii's temples are in the Dark World. As such, many of her worshipers are darkkin, humans from the Dark World with tar black skin and see in the pure blackness of the realm. The worshipers travel through permanent gates in huge blocks of obsidian built ages ago. From there they spread out into the material plane, converting followers and smiting infidels. Those followers on the material plane tend to be evil Lizardfolk and other scaled races. Clerics of Mekrii are cruel and hold others to their word, taking lies as a sign of great disrespect, which is often punishable by death in their eyes.
|Symbol:||a flower made of gray feathers|
|Home Plane:||Nymnelia, Sosha|
|Portfolio:||Hate, hiding, patience, study|
|Clergy Alignments:||Lawful Evil, Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil|
|Domains:||Evil, Magic, Strength|
|Favored Weapon:||Any Mace.|
- Astor (ass-ter):
He is the second oldest of the order of archangels created by Rejiksson during the great war against Exaka. He aided his brothers and sister in the attack on Exaka's fortress in Mesaba. However, as the trial neared that would seal his fate as a prisoner for untold millenia to come, he escaped and hid instead, feeling he had every right to his own freedom. Over the ages, he gradually turned to hate and resent his father. He harnessed and controlled his celestial power and attained Godhood, eventually transforming into a Sosha Orsa. Unlike his brother Nril, Astor is a great source of divine magic, which is why He is known as The Divine Fount. His magic, raw and primordial divine energy, continually restores his body, granting him divine invulnerability.
- Incarnation: He appears as a young man, pale skin, with flowing white hair and ivory wings with feathers like blades, but world worn
- Special Ability: Divine Fount: A wave of divine energy constantly flows out of his body, continually healing him and restoring his strength. This ability generates enough power to make him difficult for even the Sosha Genia to battle against. Though, this ability only protects himself.
- Special Ability: Fount Stream: Astor can focus his aura into a solid beam that rips through anything of less than Godly power.
There is no need to be punished for your actions so long as you can avoid punishment for them. The world shall punish you enough simply for the station you were born into.
 Clergy and Temples
Astor keeps no active temples or clergy, and has no need for worshippers, but he will provide aid to those who do know of him and pray to him, so long as they don't draw to much attention to themselves.
|Symbol:||a black horse's skull, occasionally burning|
|Home Plane:||Nymnelia, Deep Core|
|Portfolio:||Fear, insanity, nightmares, mounted cavalry|
|Clergy Alignments:||Neutral Evil, Chaotic Evil|
|Domains:||Chaos, Death, Evil, Fire, Trickery|
- Tzxank (tscks-angk):
He is the son of Guygus and a powerful Nightmare from the Dream World. He serves His father out of fear and aides Him by using the power of the Dream World to corrode the minds of His victims and bring about insanity.
- Incarnation: At first glance, from a distance, he appears as an enormous Nightmare. However, as he thunders closer, it is revealed that he has eight great legs and his face is horribly twisted and full of fiery eyes. Jets of dark fire burst from his menacing nostrils. The ground is scorched and drained in his wake as he charged forward. Waves of fearsome phantoms escape from his body as he bellows.
- Special Ability: Bestow Nightmare Curse: Merely looking at Tzxank is enough to curse a mortal with permanent nightmares that slowly eat away at their sanity.
Tzxank teaches nothing to those who worship him. He only grants them power.
 Clergy and Temples
Clerics of Tzxank are mad warriors driven by power and greed. They often ride into combat with lances. Sometimes they act as mercenaries, doing dirty work for the highest bidder, entirely welcome to disobey orders and burn and destroy as much as they can. They deceive and lie, murder and then raise the fallen as undead. These warriors also often lay praise to Guygus, who sired their monstrous lord.
- It is said that only Nril could ever defeat Astor in battle.
- The truth of Uljid will catalyze the end of time.
- There is another son of Rejiksson locked away who will rise to power.