Requests for Adminship/Sam Kay
From D&D Wiki
 Sam Kay
- Sam Kay's Nomination. Done!
Voice your opinion (8/0/0) (100% Approval - Neutral is not counted) Ended 4:00 (PM), 12 December 2007 (MST)
I am nominating Sam Kay for his willingness to help take something that has not been very fleshed, out or has been discussed and wanted elsewhere (the Halo campaign setting is a good example of this) and flesh it out. Also, I am nominating him for his helpfulness to other users in making things more balanced or better formatted. I feel Sam Kay knows and understands enough to become part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki.
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: I anticipate sorting out valdals by reverting and blocking, helping to correct typos in the SRD (rather that having to alert an Admin to the problem), helping to resolve conflics etc.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- A: Definatly the Spider Rider, as, although it required alot of work, on my part and on other's, the end result was definatltly worth it. And also the LotR Campaign Setting, as, yet again it required alot of work (including research into copyright to make it possible), it has become a worthy adaptation of The Lord of the Rings (my favorite book). Others can be found from my user page.
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: No, I don't think so... I generally like to resolve disagreements in a peaceful and polite way. And so I will continue to do so.
- General comments
- Support — I support Sam Kay for the reasons I mentioned above. --Green Dragon 15:20, 5 December 2007 (MST)
- Support — I haven't seen much of Sam Kay's contributions, but because of his answers given above and the fact that what I have seen, I've liked, I support him. --Daniel Draco 09:35, 6 December 2007 (MST)
- Support— Sam Kay is an active Wikian, polite, helpful and inventive- I've seen enough of his contributions, both his own homebrew and comments on other people's work, to see that he's Admin material. MorkaisChosen 11:03, 6 December 2007 (MST)
- Support— Sam Kay will make a fine administrator. He is very active on the wiki, contributes worthwhile materials, engages with the community in a positive way, and is always concerned with improving the site. –EldritchNumen 20:31, 6 December 2007 (MST)
- Support — I support Sam Kay as I have seen much of him and he seems helpful and polite. He seems very busy, with plenty of contributions. On December 12th, will Sam Kay level up and take his first level in the PrC Admin? Find out next time! (Insert fancy "To Be Continued"). -- Eiji 23:05, 6 December 2007 (MST)
- Support — I suport Sam Kay.I am new to wiki and D&D wiki and he has worked to help me with the formatting of things I have added. He has also given me good advice on how to handle a situation that did not fit into the rules perfectly.--Mander 20:25, 7 December 2007 (MST)
- Support — Sam works his tuckuss off. He finds errors for the SRD. His contributions have been more than substantial. --Dmilewski 13:39, 8 December 2007 (MST)
- Support — Sam is awesome. He works tirelessly on projects he starts (which is more than I can say for myself *cough*). I think the Lord of the Rings setting he has created speaks for itself. I have never once seen Sam say something I would find objectionable. He is very polite and would fit the face of D&D Wiki very well. --Aarnott 19:59, 9 December 2007 (MST)