Requests for Adminship/Sabre070
From D&D Wiki
- Sabre070's Nomination. Done!
Voice your opinion (6/0/1) (83% Approval - Neutral was not counted) Ended 8:20 (AM), 29 November 2008 (MST)
I have nominated my self for two reasons.
- I have been doing a lot of work moving pages from '3.5e Equipment' to '3.5e Equipment' and all the categorizing that goes with this..(also having to delete pages will be easier if I do it as I go..)
- I have been asked if I want to be nominated.
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- A: Deleting a lot of pages as I change the identifiers over. Fixing links in the SRD. Fixing links in the MSRD (changing pages from "Page (MSRD)" to "MSRD:Page" for example).
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- A: I got annoyed at an anon user (IP) that wouldn't use the layout I had provided him with (after moving the page and creating a campaign setting). I have since spoken with this (now) user, we have sorted it out and I explained what to do. Other than that I haven't had any other conflicts.
- General comments
I haven't had many of my contributions but I have done other work on the wiki. In the future I would like to finish making the "DnD" pages into "3.5e" pages. I would also like to remove the stubs and balance some unplayable classes.
- Support: Because he's awesomely awesome. Nah, just kidding. Really he taught me DnD. --Hach-Que 19:01, 17 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I saw him doing many work on the wiki, im sure he make a great admin. --Lord Dhazriel 19:11, 17 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: He showed me this site, and got me started playing DnD. Plus, as Hach-Que said, he IS awesomely awesome. --spasm 00:39, 19 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: His skill set seems valuable and knowledge comprehensive enough to assist users and help maintain the wiki from the management side. 11:41, 20 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I support Sabre070 because he has time, motivation and the knowledge to put effort forth into keeping the wiki clean, organized an operational. His great log of edits show his worth of trust, and with the growing popularity of the wiki, we will continue to need his continued support. Giving him access to more features to allow him to continue to do what he has been doing, but more efficiently is the way to go. With the growing backlog of things that need to be fixed/maintained/deleted/categorized/re-tagged and updated growing everyday, I certainly welcome Sabre070 as an admin. --Ganteka 13:39, 24 November 2008 (MST)
Neutral:At first I thought Sabre070 as an admin would be a great idea, however now I am kind of starting to have second thoughts. Even though Sabre070 has truly been a great help to D&D Wiki, as I was reading through User talk:Blue Dragon I came across a few messages which gave me another perspective. It seems like he was trying to implement a forum system without even discussing it. I feel that something like this needs to be discussed before implementation. For this reason I cannot make up my mind about this nomination right now. --Green Dragon 14:24, 24 November 2008 (MST)
- Support: I changed my mind. He has helped modernize areas of D&D Wiki and tirelessly improve the infrastructure of D&D Wiki, if for no reason then that he deserves to be an admin. --Green Dragon 15:55, 24 November 2008 (MST)
- Oppose: What? a) Do we really need like a hundred thousand new admins because everyone wants to jump on the Gantenka boat? b) This guy? No. Really, just no. Firstly, I don't like him. Secondly, he doesn't seem to be "the right stuff", or however you put it, for being entrusted with power. OPPOSED. --23:28, 17 November 2008 (MST)
- A) I wasn't jumping on the Ganteka boat. I was asked by Green Dragon and have also been doing other work with the 3.5e Equipment as mentioned above. B) I don't know why you don't like me and also I am administrator in 3 websites, a wiki and multiple wikispaces. I also have access to delete these websites (via ftp), if that isn't power that what is? Hence, I can be trusted. --Sabre070 23:53, 17 November 2008 (MST)