Requests for Adminship/Eiji
From D&D Wiki
- Eiji's Nomination. Failed.
I am nominating Eiji for his help on discussion pages that do not pertain to things he has submitted. Eiji has helped many items on D&D Wiki become balanced and has answered many questions through discussions. I feel that, although Eiji is rather new to D&D Wiki, he knows enough to become part of "The Face" of D&D Wiki.
- Candidates Prelude
- Questions for the candidate
Dear candidate, thank you for offering to serve D&D Wiki in this capacity. Please take the time to answer a few generic questions to provide guidance for voters:
- 1. What sysop chores do you anticipate helping with? Please read the page about administrators and the administrators' reading list on Wikipedia before answering.
- 2. Of your articles or contributions to D&D Wiki, are there any with which you are particularly pleased, and why?
- 3. Have you been in any conflicts over editing in the past or do you feel other users have caused you stress? How have you dealt with it and how will you deal with it in the future?
- General comments
- Support — I support Eiji for the reasons I mentioned above. --Green Dragon 16:28, 27 November 2007 (MST)
- Support — I support Eiji for the reasons stated by Green Dragon and because I have seen that he has done a lot to help and improve D&D Wiki.--Dhyn Ktonos 01:20, 30 November 2007 (MST)
- Support — I support Eiji for the facts above, and for his creativity and politeness. Without him, I would probably not currently be a User. His openness to helping out on other people's work is an admirable trait. --Sir Milo Teabag 20:54, 1 December 2007 (MST)
- Minor Oppose — I do not know this user. He does not have a user page, and I have not seen any edits that he has done. I feel that an admin should at least be known throughout our small user base. — Blue Dragon (talk) 16:43, 27 November 2007 (MST)
- Oppose — I am moving my vote to oppose until we have an answer to the questions because I think we should have an answer before voting him an admin. Also, we have not yet heard whether or not Eiji wants to be an admin. After we hear from Eiji, I will move my vote depending on the answers received.--Sam Kay 09:33, 29 November 2007 (MST)
- Oppose — I agree with Sam Kay. Should Eiji accept the nomination and answer the questions, then my vote may change, but until that time I vote no. An admin must possess the interest in helping in more mundane ways, and I haven't seen that yet from Eiji, though I agree that he has made some insightful comments on discussion pages. –EldritchNumen 17:44, 1 December 2007 (MST)
- Another thing: it is the 3rd of november, and so the vote ends tomorrow, without anything from Eiji. This means that we could theoredically make Eiji an admin without him realising. I think we should stall the vote until we hear from him. --Sam Kay 09:57, 3 December 2007 (MST)