Reapers (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
|“||They're coming, they're coming! I don't want to die!||”|
|—A survivor of a reaper attack, crying out in their sleep.|
Reapers are sadistic and cruel, and, due to their innate ability to slay others, have absolutely no qualms about killing. They are hard to reason with, difficult to deal with, and nearly impossible to stop.
Reapers stand at least six feet in height, and have pale, almost pure white skin. They are completely hairless, and have red or orange eyes. Their teeth are sharp, and they have long, bone-like fingers. Like aether elves, they have pointed ears.
Reapers have an undying hatred for all other races. The only other species they have been known to tolerate for short periods are other Aether races.
Reapers are almost invariably neutral evil, though some tend towards chaotic evil.
The reapers live in the Aether, and most are nomadic.
Reapers have no known religion. Clerics of their species have never been encountered.
Reapers have a tongues ability, and thus can speak any language. They usually converse in Aeth.
Reapers have no names, but often give themselves titles, such as "The Nightmare Spreader".
- +2 strength, +4 constitution, +4 intelligence, +2 charisma.
- Outsider (Extraplanar)
- Reaper base land speed is 50 ft.
- Darkvision 120 ft.
- Low-Light Vision.
- +4 racial bonus on listen, spot, survival, and intimidate checks.
- Reaping (su): a reaper can instantly kill any living creature, as per the slay living spell. This ability is usable times per day equal to the reaper's intelligence modifier, and has a save dc equal to 15 + reaper's intelligence modifier.
- Shift (su): A reaper has the ability to shift themselves in and out of the Aether at will, as per the Plane Shift spell, but the reaper is the only creature affected, and they can only travel between the Aether and the Material Plane. It is a Conjuration effect.
- Tongues (su): a reaper is under a constant tongues effect.
- Spell-Like Ability: at will: cause fear, inflict light wounds, detect thoughts.
- SR 11 + hd.
- Natural Armor +4.
- Fast healing 3.
- A reaper begins play with 4 levels of Outsider, which grant it 4d8 hd, 2 feats, skill points equal to 8 + intelligence modifier, a base attack bonus of +4, and base saving throws of Fortitude +4, Reflex +4, and Will +4.
- Automatic Languages: Aeth. Bonus Languages: Any.
- Favored Class: rogue.
- Level Adjustment: +5