Raion-sha (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
Ferris are proud and always ready to charge into battle, usually even recklessly. Ferris are proud beings to the point where they will never except help, no matter how hard the task. They will never cheat at anything and will never steal. The Ferris species are typically good aligned, as they are predisposed to do well by their fellows, and enemies.
The Ferris are appear just as the base species, blended with a lion. They have short yellowish-orange fur, large manes if they are male, catlike ears and eyes, if they are women. They all have long tails with a bushy bit of brown fur on the end. The Ferris is typically between 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 feet tall. They usually have brown, black, or yellow eyes. Males usually weigh 150 - 180 pound with females weighing around 135 - 150 pounds. The Ferris typically have very long claws and teeth; the teeth occasionally extruding out of the mouth of the Ferris
Ferris get along with most races without issue, but because of their typically wild upbringing, they are typically not as trained in social protocol as most other races
Ferris are fluent in most basic animal languages, and can therefore speak Sylvan Ferris are also fluent in common
Racial Hit Dice: A Ferris begins with 3 levels of monster, which provide 3d8 Hit Dice
- +6 Strength, +8 Constitution, -2 Intelligence, +2 Dexterity, -2 Wisdom, +4 Charisma
- Feline Humanoid
- Large: –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, lifting and carrying limits double those of Medium characters.
- Ferris base land speed is 50 feet
- Change Shape (Su): A Ferris can assume any feline form of Small to Large size. While in canine form, the Ferris loses its bite, slam, and greatsword attacks, but gains the bite attack of the form it chooses. For the purposes of this ability, Feline includes all feline variants from lion to housecat.
- Racial Feat: A ferris’s monstrous humanoid levels give it two feats.
- Skills: A centaur’s monstrous humanoid levels give it skill points equal to 7 x (2 + Int modifier). Its class skills are Listen, Move Silently, Spot, and Survival.
- +3 natural armor bonus
- Dark vision out to 60 ft
- Automatic Languages: Sylvan, Common
- Favored Class: Barbarian
- Level Adjustment: +2