Ragnok (3.5e Race)
From D&D Wiki
The Ragnok are burliest races on their home world, being strong and sturdy, but the have almost animalistic intelligence.
The Ragnok are a simple race, in the working day they are told what to do and do it. Though they are not capable of reading or writing, they are steadfast in what they believe in. It is hard to make them sway from their current ideals, though they cherish their friends and respect their beliefs.
 Physical Description
The Ragnok grow throughout their lives, never stopping until death. Males at adulthood are about 8'10" and 230 lbs, due to their extreme bulk, but their females are an average of 7' and 140 lbs, and are beautiful. They have skin colors of most humans, but elemental bloodlines are common, so they can be virtually any skin color. Their eyes are normally brown, and don't change unless they have elemental backgrounds, which can make them vary widely.They have pointed ears. The males are usually noticeable due to the small ridges on the back of their necks and upper back, and their females have exaggerated, rounded features, while amazingly beautiful. there is something unnatural about them, normally, and their bodies rarely reflect their strength, as opposed to the males. They both reach maturity like humans, but at the age of 9 common years, though there is no noticeable difference in either gender until the age of 6. The changes in between those times are dramatic, to say the least. Ragnok can live to be 400 years old.
The Ragnok Get on well with any race that hasn't done any serious harm to them, and take apologies seriously. If a representative of the race or the member that wronged him doesn't apologize, the specific Ragnok come to hate that race and pass this hate down to their children, forming new clans. The Ragnok have good ties with all Elratten, and will always welcome them into their party or home. These 2 races form a symbiotic relationship in their home world, with Ragnok as the brawn, and the Elratten as the brains.
All Ragnok are good at heart, though they are often tricked into doing evil deeds. This ranges from Lawful to Chaotic so much, though, that their personalities vary widely. Some may be cynical and cold, but they still will fight for a good cause if one arises.
The Ragnok hale from Alactera, a world that is rich in natural resources and rare metals. The Alacterum Empire is based there, and the world is the home of the Elratten as well. This world consists of 2 major continents, one on the top of the world, and one on the bottom of the world.this world is in the shape of a disc, with mirror sides that cannot reach on another, except by expending great amounts of magic.
The Ragnok worship elementals mostly, who offer them minor power in exchange for worship. Some elementals even give a Ragnok offspring, through rituals. This causes an Elemental Zealot, which will preach the word of the elemental with extreme power. This is one of the only places where the Ragnok and the Elratten collide, as the Elratten worship a single god, their only being 2 actual ones on their side.
The Ragnok speak Undercommon, and their own special language, Elshybi (el-shea-be)
The names of the Ragnoks are simple, though quite complexly made. The first syllable is chosen by the dad, but the first letter is the first of the father's name. The second syllable is the first of the mothers name. Example:
Rah-Sid (Father), Kahs-Muht (Mother), = Rij-Kahs (Child)
The Ragnok also have a clan name, which is made by the founding parents. It has the hated race first, then a verb that describes what the founders want to do with them. Examples are Orchammer, Humebroiler, Elfhanger, and Gnomesmasher. Some youths leave the clan every 4 years, and develop their own understanding of the world.
 Racial Traits
- +6 Strength, +4 Constitution, -6 intelligence: The Ragnok are a strong and extremely sturdy race, but have almost animal intelligence.
- Humanoid : Ragnok are humanoid in appearance and type usually.
- Medium-Large: If a Ragnok is Medium, he gains no penalties or bonuses, though if he's large, he gets –1 penalty to Armor Class, –1 penalty on attack rolls, –4 penalty on Hide checks, +4 bonus on grapple checks, +4 bonus on ability checks made to resist being bull rushed, overran, or tripped, lifting and carrying limits two times those of Medium characters.
- Ragnok base land speed is 35 feet
- Element blast (Su): Once per day, and once more for every 3 levels, a Ragnok can shoot a blast of Elemental energy for 1d8+Constitution Modifier damage. This attack is a ranged touch attack and does one damage type, fire, cold, shock, or acid.
- A Ragnok is Illiterate, and can only learn to read or write if their intelligence is 10 or more.
- Automatic Languages: Undercommon and Elshybi. Bonus Languages: Common, Giant, Orcish. A Ragnok automatically knows common if its intelligence is above 6.
- Favored Class: Barbarian or Paladin.
 Vital Statistics
|12 years||+1d4 Months||+2d6 Months||+3d8 Months|
|Middle Age1||Old2||Venerable3||Maximum Age|
|120 years||350 years||425 years||+3d8 years|
|Gender||Base Height||Height Modifier||Base Weight||Weight Modifier|
|Male||8' 10"||+1d8 Inches||240 lb.||(+3d6) lb.|
|Female||8' 6"||+3d4 inches||170 lb.||(+3d4) lb.|
Ragnok grow throughout their lives, gaining one foot in height per level. they can stop whenever they wish, but once they do, they cannot start growing again.